Reverse

Tirelessly, Tom tried again and again to reverse the spell. It was difficult, and by no means was he that intelligent to know this so early on in his Hogwarts journey. It had been five days since the trail, and Tom was in the library trying to figure it out. 

"Memory charms and spells has nothing on how to reverse it? This is ludicrous!" Tom muttered under his breath. He reached for another book entitled 'Meddling with memories' and scanned each page, not finding anything. After a few hours of looking, he decided to take a break. There was only one thing for it; he'd have to sneak into the restricted section that night. 

____________

When Harry fell asleep, Tom snuck out of dormitory and left the common room. He knew he was visible but tried to keep as quiet as possible as not to be seen. He needed to do this for Harry. Wishing he'd known how hard it would be to reverse before putting Harry under this horrendous spell, Tom snuck down to the library and walked to the restricted section. He scanned for books that looked like they may contain some useful information and picked two up, putting one in the bag he had taken with him just in case someone came and opening the other. It screamed at him and Tom dropped it, freezing. It was then that he heard a low 'who's there'. 

Tom ran as fast as he could, the book's scream following him down each twist and turn as he ran, his school cloak he hadn't changed out of yet bellowing behind him as he speed around a corner. He thought he had gotten away with it until he bumped into Dumbledore.

"Young Tom Riddle, what are you doing running around the castle at night? I'm afraid you have earned yourself a detention." Dumbledore said with a grim look in his eyes. "Is Mr Potter with you?"

"No sir." Tom said, his voice sharp. He held the strap of his bag tightly, his knuckles pale. He couldn't believe how stupid he'd been, letting himself get caught like that. Dumbledore told him to be at his office the next day at six in the evening for his detention. Tom sighed as he walked back to his common room. This book better have been worth the trouble.

____________

It was terribly cold in the common room when he got back. He scanned the pages for about two hours until he found the spell that could bring Harry's memories back. He was elated, to say the least. He bounded up the stairs, not caring that it was three in the morning. He woke Harry up who groaned in annoyance but Tom told him to turn around, saying the spell.

"Do you remember, Harry? Please say you do!" Tom said. Harry turned around, looking Tom in the eyes and slowly walking towards him. Tom's smile dropped as he saw Harry's blank expression. Harry stopped in front of him, saying nothing. "Harry -"

Quite suddenly, Harry's lips collided with his own. Relieved, Tom kissed Harry back. He was so glad Harry remembered, and that Tom didn't have to pretend to Harry that he thought of him as a mere friend. 

____________

AN - I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry, I Haven't had the chance to proof read (it's two in the morning) please comment if you liked it and want more :)