The summoning

Lessons where much the same as they had always been. The only thing that was different that day was the dirty looks all the students were giving Harry, the fear mixed with pure hatred. Most all of them were convinced that Harry had killed his uncle. Despite this, Harry kept up his usual, placid facade and didn't let it fall after this morning. 

Accordingly, Tom followed suit. He showed little emotion, knowing this would only make them stand out after their usual behaviour, making them seem more suspicious. It was not until after lessons that Harry was called to the headmaster's office. 

"Just make sure to act confident, don't let any hint of guilt shine through you. I'm sure professor Dippit will believe you. We can think of something, Harry. I'm sorry for getting you into this mess." Tom said as Harry got up to leave for his meeting with the headmaster. Harry gave him a reassuring smile before leaving to see what his fate would be. Perhaps the headmaster just wanted to determine his living arrangements? He was probably worrying over nothing. He had the perfect alibi. 

With his head held high, Harry walked through the castle until he reached the headmaster's office and uttered the password he'd been told to use, 'feather quill'. As he stood at the door, he could hear voices muttering things he could not make out. There was a party of people in there, not just the headmaster. Mustering all his courage, he knocked on the door.

"Ah, Harry, do come in!" Said the headmaster, his voice uncharacteristically rushed. Harry walked in to see three other men all wearing very smart robes and stern expressions. Harry looked at them, his own expression never faltering for a second. "Harry, these are some people from the aura's from the ministry that would like to question you about your uncles passing and see if you had any relation to this."

"Mr Potter, I am Rupert Marcus. You will need to be trialled for your uncle's mysterious death. This will, of course, involve veritaserum - or truth-telling serum as it is also known." Marcus told Harry who felt dread course through him. How could he lie through veritaserum? "The trial will take place next Wednesday at half past twelve in the afternoon. You are required to give up your wand until the event, but you shall not be detained. You can bring one of your friends with you if you choose but no more than one and you will be escorted by Professor Albus Dumbledore. Any questions?" 

"Where will I be staying? I assume my aunt has expressed that she does not want me back." Harry said coldly. 

"That is not our department, Mr Potter." He said before leaving, the other two following behind him. All Harry could feel was dread.