19 - Hollywood Blunders

Start from the beginning

"One: I am in no way dressed for company. Two: I already have a girlfriend who I love dearly." Her face fell slightly but was then replaced with something else. Hatred. Towards me or Lani, I'm not too sure. But i could probably guess who it was aimed at.

"Well, looks like I have enough time to try and change your mind then. Where is she anyway?"

"She is back in Australia. Now if you don't mind, I would very much like you to leave." She slowly turned and walked to the door of my house.

"Fine. But you don't know what you're missing." Yeah I do know exactly what I'm missing. But it isn't you. She is back in Australia and I miss her more than anything. She turned and walked the rest of the way out of the door, shutting it behind her.

Finally I was alone. I walked to my bedroom and got dressed ready for the day ahead. I looked for my phone and found it after I heard it ring from under a piece of paper on my desk. I don't remember placing it there. I shrug it off and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Tom! What the f*ck! Why did i just see your picture on the news with a blonde haired woman hanging off your arm!? I recognized the voice of Chris on the other end. I was slightly puzzled by his sudden outburst at me.

"What picture? Chris I have no idea what your talking about."

"Tom. On the news over here, there was a picture of you and a blonde haired woman. You both looked like you were enjoying yourselves and guess who happened to see it?" Please don't let it be Lani. Please.....

"Who?" I was afriad to ask.

"Lani." F*ck.

"Well whatever it was, I haven't heard or seen anything about it. I still love her more than anything. Surely you know that."

"Then explain to me, why Lani just ran past my room crying Tom."

"What? Is she alright?" I was now starting to get worried. 

"Have you had any messages from her lately?"

"I wouldn't know I just got dressed after having to get rid of some unwanted company." I could almost hear the wheels turning in his head trying to figure out what I just told him.

"Check you messages Tom. Then call me back." Before i can say anything, he hangs up and i'm stuck listening to the dial tone. 

I go through my messages and see one that Lani had sent me a few minutes ago. The only thing that seemed off about it was that I had sent a reply back to it. I never replied to a message from Lani. At least not one this morning. I had a double take of the time that the relpy was sent. It was only a few minutes after Lani had sent hers. I was in the shower when the reply was sent..... How was I supposed to..... Jade! Damn! I look over the texts.

Lani: Tom, we need to talk.

Tom: Your right. I don't want to see you anymore Lani. We are over.

My heart broke. Never would I say anything of a sort to Lani. My mind was spinning. I decided to ring Chris back.

"So?"

"Chris, she sent me a text. But I'm not the one who replied to it."

"Then who did Tom?" Great. How was I going to explain this?

"Jade."

"Who's Jade? Tom I swear if you are seeing someone I'm going to personally fly over and kill you myself! Is she the blonde haired woman who was in the picture on the news?" I could tell he was serious. 

"What picture?! Look, I don't know what you're talking about and no i'm not seeing someone else. I love Lani. I would NEVER hurt her in anyway. You should know that. I met Jade in a bar when i went to get away from work for a few hours. She was the one who sent Lani the text not me. I would never break up with someone over text. What do you take me for?"

"I know you would never hurt her, but in that case, ring her. Now. She needs to know the truth and I think the only one she will listen to is you."

"Ok, I'll ring her."

"Thanks." I hang up and take a few deep breaths before calling Lani's number.

"Hello?" Her voice sounded broken and muffled. She must have had her head buried in her pillow. It tore my heart to hear her upset.

"Hi Lani."

"Tom? What.... Why are you calling me? I thought we were over." I sigh and i hear her sniffle on the other end of the phone.

"Lani. That wasn't me." As I'm talking I hear the door of my house open and close. Who could that be? While i was still on the phone I walked into the lounge room, poking my head into the room and i mentally groan when I see Jade sitting on the couch.

"Then if it wasn't you who was it?"

"It was-"

"Tom! There you are!" Jade said cheerily as she spotted me walking into the kitchen.

"Who is that?" 

"Its Jade."

"Who's Jade!?"

"Tom? Are you alright?" I turn to Jade and glare at her.

"What are you doing in my house? I told you to leave this morning!" Gosh that sounded so wrong.... 

"Tom!" I had to move the phone from my ear as she shouted at me. 

"Is that your girlfriend on the phone?" I nod at her question. "Well I'll just say that last night was the best night of my life." I cringed at her words.

"What!? Tom..... how could you?"

"Lani! I didn't do-"

"Yeah. Best night ever!" Jade was not helping my situation.

"Shut up!" I yell at Jade. She was taken aback by my outburst. "Get out of my house!" I point to the front door and she hesitantly turns and walks to the front door once again.

"Call me!" She calls out before shutting the door.

"Lani, I swear-"

"You swear what Tom? You are gone two weeks and you're already all over the news with some woman hanging off your arms! Do i really mean that little to you that you have to go and find someone else to keep yourself busy when I'm not around?"

"Lani that's not-"

"I don't care anymore Hiddleston. I just don't care."

"But nothing happened! You have to believe me!"

"Its pretty hard to when I saw the picture and then hearing a woman on your end saying she just had the best night of her life! I've had it. Don't call me. Don't text me. We are over!" 

A/N: Ok here is another chapter. Had a few mixed emotions while writing this one. Tell me what you think.

~Z