~9~

This chapter is gonna be a little shorter than the rest because, I have to go to a club for school and I'm tired and I don't feel like it needs to be any longer. Also, I decided that it is gonna be a Jyler but Josh is gonna be here soon. So idk. But whatever. Also the beginning of this book is really bad so imma try and fix that up.

Tyler's POV
I woke up and felt a warm presence on the bed next to me. Jenna. We must have fallen asleep while talking last night. I hope she is okay with staying over.

I decide to get up and change my clothes, deciding to call in sick for school. I look at myself in the mirror behind my door.

White tank top, and cuts everywhere.

Black skinny jeans, with rips on the knees.

"Why?" I whisper to myself, "Why do I do this to myself?" I look back at Jenna to make sure she's still sleeping.

I go get a jacket on and change my jeans, into another pair of black ripped jeans. I sat down on the bed and watched her sleep. Beautiful. I lean towards her head and kiss the top of her forehead, being careful as not to wake her. I hear a knock on the door and immediately get anxious.

Who could it be? Please not him.

I walk over to the door and open it slightly so that I can see them and they can only see me. It was Madison.

She smiles at me, "Good morning, Ty. Mom asked me to get you up to go to school."

"Oh, Maddie, I-I don't feel good at all today, could you ask mom to come up here please?" I lie to her with a pained smile.

"O-okay. I hope you feel better then. I will go get her." She says as she walks towards the stairs.

I shut the door and turn around. Jenna was up and she was watching me. I smile at her, "Good morning."

She smiles back at me, "Morning." She's so pretty in the morning.

A knock at the door interrupts us, and my mom starts to open the door. I run to stop her from coming in, thankfully I succeed.

"Tyler?! What the heck are you doing? I was coming in to ask about school." She sounds angry and confused, but not too angry.

"Nothing, I'm changing." I lie to her, hiding my body behind the door.

"Okay, then. Geez. I was going to tell you that you don't have to go to school today. Also the doctor called and we scheduled an appointment with the psychologist."

"Okay, bye Mom, thank you!" I quickly shut the door and exhale the breath I have been holding in. I hear her waling back down the steps and then I feel safe to talk to Jenna now.

"Sorry about that." I apologize to her.

She giggles. "It's okay. That happens at my house a lot."

I laugh back at that. "I guess we fell asleep last night. Do you want to call your parents? They might be wondering where you are."

She came to a realization, "Oh, crap. I forgot." She takes her phone out and dials a number and holds the phone up to her face.

Someone answers. I don't hear much, but yelling is all I hear. "WHAT...... .... YOU!"

"I'm sorry, Mom. I accidently fell asleep at Tyler's. I promise, Mom." She says while tears start to form in her eyes.

"....terrified.... ... you......dead." That's all I hear, but thankfully Jen puts on the speaker so she won't have to explain. "You really scared me Jenna, Why didn't you come home after school? Why didn't you call me?"

"I'm sorry, mom. I went home with Tyler because... he was really upset about something that happened at school. And I wanted to make sure he was okay. I lost track of time." I tear streams down her cheek and she quickly wipes it away.

I grab her hand a try my best to make her feel better. It was all my fault. I should've told her to call them yesterday.

Mrs. Black speaks up, "That's okay, Jenna. But please next time, call me, even text me. I love you, come home after school."

"Thanks, Mom. I will. Love you too." She hangs up and tosses her phone on my bed. She glances back up at me and let's go of my grip. She wraps her arms around my neck and I hug her back.

Thanks for reading!

Stay Alive ||-//

Word Count: 749