ch. 1

Veronica Lodge is a woman with taste. A woman with high standards. A raven-haired rich bitch, who has a criminal father. A girl who's growing more popular by the day.

She's dating Archie Andrews, a boy who is currently in jail. Framed for murder. And they are in a happy relationship.

Jughead Jones is a man who could care less about any woman, other than his mom, his sister, and of course, Betty Cooper; his current girlfriend, in who he loves very much.

He's a leader of a gang, called The Southside Serpents. He writes novels and has sardonic humor. It's the only way he relates to the world.

Both Veronica and Jughead aren't very close friends. The only way they know each other is by their soulmates. Betty Cooper is Veronica Lodge's best friend, while Archie Andrews is Jughead Jones' best friend.

They don't think much of each other.

And they don't think that'll change anytime soon.

✧✧✧

Jughead walked into the student lounge. Headphones on, hands in pockets.

He sat down next to Betty Cooper, his girlfriend. And gave her a kiss.

He took off his headphones and put them on the table near him.

"Hi, Juggie!" She smiled.

"Hey, Betts." He smiled back, slightly.

"Do you know where V is?" Betty asked.

It's been about a few seconds before Donnie Darko had realized that he and the perfect girl next door were in the room alone.

Jughead shrugged, he didn't really care about Veronica Lodge.

"Weird, I hope she's okay." Betty sighed.

"What do you mean? You saw her yesterday." Jughead replied.

"What? She wasn't here yesterday. Or the day before. Actually, she hasn't been here all week." Betty responded.

Jughead has then again realized that Veronica hasn't gone to school all week.

Seems I'm not paying attention to anything Veronica does. He thought.

"Well, have you tried calling her?" Jones asked.

"Is that really what you're suggesting? Of course, I've tried calling her. I even knocked on her door, no answer."

"Sheesh. I don't have her number. So, I don't think I'm able to help." Jughead was very nonchalant.

"Well? Wanna investigate?" A smile grew on Betty's face.

"Betty, we're still on the case of the Gargoyle King."

"And what if this has to do with the Gargoyle King? What if this is another clue?" Betty asked.

Jughead sighed in defeat. "Fine."

"Great! After school, we're going to Pembrooke." Betty's smile reappeared.

"Pembrooke? Betty, what if Hiram is there?"

"Jug, don't be such a wuss. It's just Hiram."

"You mean the man who's basically the boss of the Ghoulies? The Serpents' enemy?"

"Jughead, Veronica might be held hostage by now. We have to save her. Plus, it might help us find out who the Gargoyle King is if it's anything related."

Jughead rolled his eyes.

×××

Betty and Jughead reached Pembrooke.

Betty Cooper was confident and brave. She believed that they could find her.

Jughead, however, only cared about finding out who the Gargoyle King was.

Betty knocked on the door. Nobody answered.

She took a deep breath, then took a few steps back, ran towards the door and kicked it down.

The two walked into the building.

Nobody was home.

Hermoine was busy, you know, being mayor and all that.

But Hiram? Who knew?

"Check Veronica's room," Betty ordered.

"What? Why me?" Jughead complained.

"Jug, please."

He sighed, then did what Betty said.

He walked into Veronica's clean, massive, well-decorated room.

Immediately, he got to her desk. He went through all her drawers.

He found nothing, but he did find something.

--
wc: 586