13

beep, beep, beep

the sound of the heart monitor echoed in the room.
nurses and doctors just finished removing the bullet that struck renjun in the stomach.

donghyuck and jaemin were outside sobbing and praying that their bestfriend would survive. mark and jeno were outside, talking about all the shit that happened.

renjun's parents couldn't go to the hospital since they were back in china, but they were told of the news.

their first reaction was "hONEY! PACK YOUR SHIT WERE GOING TO KOREA", though they were told that everything was under control. with no further arguments, renjun's parents agreed.

10 minutes of silence passed by.

"hyuck..." jaemin spoke, his voice cracking. "i-im so sorry. i was just trying to save my dad from my father. i don't deserve to be your friend-" donghyuck hugged him tightly, as if his life depended on it.

he quietly sobbed into the pink haired male's shoulder. "it's okay... i understand." the brunette finally spoke, looking into the pink haired male's eyes.

"wanna go downstairs? get some fresh air?" jaemin nodded, helping the younger up.

the two made their way downstairs, slowly building up a happy and bright conversation. while exiting the building, jaemin spots baekhyun talking to a nurse.

"can we go talk to my dad first?" his face was absolutely bright. donghyuck nodded. "hey dad!" the two walked over to the older.

"hi sweetie. this is dr. oh," it seemed like baekhyun already had heart eyes for the doctor.

"call me sehun." he held out his hand, giving a stiff but light handshake to the two teens.

"nice to meet you." the two smiled. "how are you feeling dad?" the older nodded. "dr. oh- i mean sehun, take care of my dad." jaemin looked up at the doctor.

"of course kiddo."and with that, the two walked away. reaching the entrance, they spot mark and jeno, smoking.

what the fuck.

"i didn't know they smoke." donghyuck whispered towards jaemin.

"we'll now you know." mark twisted the burnt ash and threw the stick in the trash bin. "anyways, how are you two feeling? no bad blood?" the black haired asked.

the two males shook their heads. "good. now how's renjun?"

"the doctor said, that the operation will end in 20 minutes." jaemin looked at his watch. the two nodded. "how about we just sit and talk for a while." jeno said, sitting down on the side walk, the others following.

"have you heard the news? about chenle and jisung?" mark asked, looking up from his phone. "what about 'em?" jaemin asked.

"they're dating aren't they? it's kinda obvious if you ask me." donghyuck laughed, remembering a funny memory.

"i caught jisung calling chenle cute pet names and giving each other small kisses. it's adorable watching two gay teens snuggle. makes me happy. ^^"

mark couldn't help but smile at the younger. jeno and jaemin noticed how whipped mark was for the brunette.

"where are the rest?" jaemin asked. "didn't you have like your bros with you?" mark shook his head. "they'll come later." jeno frowned. "aww. i really want to meet them!" donghyuck snorted.

"let's see if you end up matching their humor." mark and jaemin laughed as jeno had the 'how dare you betray me' face.

"why are you my friend," it wasn't a question but more of a statement. "because you love me. ^^" the brunette mocked.

-----

15 minutes later, renjun's surgery has finally ended and now he's just layin' and restin'.

eventually the squad arrived, along with jisung and chenle.

mark and donghyuck excused themselves to go outside. it was 7 in the evening now. only the blinking stars and shining moon was only visible.

the two were currently admiring the night sky. mark had donghyuck's back against his chest, his arms wrapped around the younger's waist.

they didn't say anything to each other. they just stood there, looking up, only the moon's light illuminating their faces.

"....my baby don't like it when you come around.." donghyuck softly sang, fiddling with his fingers and mark snuggled closer.

"...daangyeonhi neogachi wiheomhan yeojareul,
geopnaeneun ge dangyeonhaljido molla..." he continued. the older was surprised.

he never heard the younger sing before.

"you didn't tell me you could sing," mark spoke in a quiet, soft voice. "i'm not great at it. that's why." the older rolled his eyes. "you're amazing. you could even beat beyoncé." mark laughed as a blush crept across donghyuck's face.

the older turned the brunette around so they would face each other. mark cupped the younger's cheeks, leaning forward until their foreheads touched.

"i love you. you know?" mark whispered. "i love you alot more." donghyuck replied, and with that, the two closed the space between them.

the two shared a soft but sweet kiss. it took seconds but felt like years.

meanwhile, johnny looked out of the sliding doors of the hospital with ten, spotting the cute couple kissing.

"take a picture of them! now!" ten whisper-yelled. johnny took out his phone, turned of the snap sound and shot a picture.

"my new twitter icon." johnny smiled, proud of the gorgeous picture.

ten frowned. "i'm no longer your twitter icon?" the tall american smiled at the younger. "of course not, love. you'll always be my icon." he hugged the shorter, before walking back inside.

mark and donghyuck pulled apart, their faces painted with a bright shade of red. "ah you're so cute." mark smiled at the younger. "no i'm not!"

"yes you are." the older made his way to the hospital's entrance, the brunette keeping up. "i'm not!" donghyuck protested.

the door slid open, granting then access inside the building.

"nope." he walked to the elevator with donghyuck next to him. the younger gave up. it was impossible to argue with this man.

the older clicked on the floor number where renjun's room was.

the elevator dinged, opening up for them to walk in. looking to their left, they see a group of men sitting on the benches outside renjun's room.

"look! it's the two love birds making out earlier!" jaehyun exclaimed, pointing at the couple. "shut up, you idiot!" taeyong scolded the younger.

jaehyun mumbled a small 'sorry', before hugging the older.

food was placed on an empty bench. "hm. isn't food not allowed here?" mark asked. lucas just shushed the black haired.

"whatever." mark rolled his eyes with a smile on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------

hey fam. sorry for the late update. school has been blocking my way to finish this shitty chapter, but its finally done! hope you enjoy my messy chapter!

edit: i changed hiding to jisung :D