"Jessalynn."

"No!" She screamed it and was back on her feet. "Let it down."

"What is so important?" He asked softly. His hands held out in front of him, but the tears were still on his face.

"I have to go back for Julian."

"Okay. We can do that. Show us your mark and we will go back and get him."

"Why? It doesn't mean anything anymore. Just let me go."

"It means something. It always has. If you do not show us your mark, then I cannot help my people. I cannot right this wrong. Help me do that."

"You promise to take me back? You promise to do it right now?"

"I do."

She looked at Jetidi. "Tell her I'll come back for her."

Taking a deep breath, Jess pulled down her jumpsuit until they could see her bra and the mark that has given her so much trouble. For the first time in a long time, it was cool to the touch.

Eyeing Kellum and daring him to say something about it, she rightened her clothes.

"It has been recorded."

"Let down the barrier." She ordered again.

"Jetidi, prepare the room. Dezrick, I want guards set on each of the advisors and I want them quarantine to their rooms. Call a meeting of all my guards and the new rulers." He looked at Jess. "Let it down. I will return_____."

She was gone before he could finish the sentence and by the time, he followed her, she already had her collar back on.

It didn't take him long to look around the room, nor for him to notice that she had no belongings. No furniture.

"Where is he?"

"I'm not completely sure."

She chose a wall to sit in front of, don't ask her why it was her favorite since all four were the same.

He frowned. "Where are we?"

"I have no idea."

"Dezrick, run a scan."

After he held out his hand, his magic cream appeared. He came to her side and waited for her to give him her hand.

It galled her to do so but she wasn't a dumbass. Her hand hurt like a bitch.

Holding her hand softly, he kneeled at her side and looked at her. "Why are we here?"

"This is my cell. It's where I'm supposed to be."

He stiffened, but his touch remained gentle. "Tell me where Julian is so we can go get him."

"Do you think if I knew where he was, I'd just be sitting here?"

"I cannot get a location. That is most strange. I advise you to exit this location immediately."

"I would listen to him, Kell. If they find you here, they will have you in a collar before you can blink. You're male and immune, so once they get their hands on you, they will never let you go. Leave the medicine, would you?"

"Dezrick, find the human Julian."

"I am picking up many people, but I am unable to pinpoint any one person."

"Jessalynn, what is this?"

She saw no reason not to tell him and once he knew maybe it would hurry him along. "This is an alien spaceship. I have no idea where we are. Way past hell is my guess. Remember those rat people you were worried about? Well, I found them for you. They have Julian and I'm not leaving until I find him."

"I am collecting data and should have a location in ninety seconds, but you need to leave now, future king."

"Jessalynn, let us go. We will come back for Julian."

"Do I look stupid to you? If they move or get any farther away, I won't be able to come back and the only reason you're here is because you followed me. I'm not going anywhere."

"I am using their own data base, but it is very primitive. I can pinpoint you to the southern part of the Americans, but they seem to be block by something. I cannot find one satellite able to get to this location."

"Dezrick, prepare for me to bring her back."

Jess smirked and waited for him to realize he couldn't. "I'm not going anywhere." She removed her hand from his.

He paled and studied the cuff around her neck. "Dezrick, find a way to free her from this object around her neck. I cannot remove it myself."

"Kell, give it up and be on your way. It sounds like you have a lot going on and as you can see, I have my own stuff. Go before you're stuck here too."

"The human Jessalynn is correct. You are putting yourself in harm's way. Please return at once."

"I cannot leave you."

"You don't have a choice."

He looked at her a long moment then he reached for the metal necklace that was tight around her neck. He was strong but not that strong.

"I am picking up two sets of footprints headed this way, future king."

Kell wasn't the only one who paled at this news. "This isn't a joke, Kell. Get the hell out of here. Take the cream with you, I don't have time to hide it. In two days, I have a chance at freedom and at Julian, you can't screw this up for me."

Her fear must have finally register with him because he stood. "I will protect you as is my right."

"Forget that shit. If you stay, you'll be killing me."

He looked to be in physical pain. More so once she knew she'd won, and he was going.

"I will go but I will return."

"If you do then wait two days. And a small army wouldn't hurt." She didn't need him to save her, but she wouldn't pass up some help either.

"You might not believe you can trust me anymore, but I will be here. I swear on it. Two days Jessalynn, then I will come for you and I will not be leaving here without you."