27: SOLVED

A/N: A lot of questions will be answered in this chapter!

Louis, January 5th

Harry was shooting scenes when I visited Liam's place on a Saturday after coming home from a meeting.

Speaking of meetings, I had been getting a lot of recognition for the movie recently. Posters were on display all over the city, the title, Memories of You, in big bold letters above Stephanie's symmetrical face. People were probably gonna go see it just because of how good she looked in that cover. To me, it was already predetermined that the audience would adore them both. Even though they were rookies in the business, they had repeatedly blown my mind while on set.

With this in mind, it was easier to soothe the nerves about the premiere. Parts that didn't soothe me however, was the millions of texts rolling in from countless of people who seemed to have spotted the ads, either in real life, or in the articles.

The trailer was as unrevealing as it could get. I had told the producers that I didn't want it to spoil anything, and the scenes that made the cut barely said anything about the story. It was how I wanted it, and it still managed to make it come across as a quality film. Harry had watched the clip back in November, and there hadn't been a reaction that was worth biting the inside of my cheek for. He seemed proud, and that was all. So, at least the trailer was a success.

In fact, the original had seven million views on YouTube. That's quite good, innit?

At the end of the day, it was never down to counts of views, positives in the reviews or the final income. To me, it was all up to Harry. If this movie would ruin our relationship for the second time, success wouldn't be considered a reward for me. There was always going to be risk. Perhaps Harry would be furious that I had kept this secret from him, even while we were dating before. Perhaps he would start to doubt me again, since I'd been dishonest. What if that would make him suspect that I was dishonest about other things, too?

Although this was a possibility, there was still a chance that revealing this secret would strengthen our relationship in every single way. At least there wouldn't be a weight on my shoulders every time the subject was brought up. At least Harry would know why I fell for him so fast, and why I knew things that I shouldn't have known.

This was still a mystery to me. Like how I had known how Harry got the scar on his knee. Or that his mum's name was Anne, and one of his ex's was Gabe.

"Having a staring contest?" Liam's monotonous voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and my eyes finally drifted from the wall that I'd been glaring down for the past three minutes. "Oh, look. You lost." Liam plopped a popcorn into his mouth and cracked it with his perfectly straight teeth. "Better luck next time."

"You're an idiot."

"Are you still thinking about the premiere?"

Iris came into the room, fiddling with her earlobe to adjust its jewelry. They were both free on the weekends, obviously, since they still applied at the same workplace. The difference was that Iris was no longer the receptionist. In fact, she was situated even higher up in the hierarchy of their department. What they did at that place, didn't occur to me at all. It never seemed interesting, so I never paid attention to the details.

"I guess. Well, about how Harry's gonna react."

"He's gonna fall in love with you even more," Iris drawled an twirled her auburn ponytail in the air before tying it into a bun. "If Liam did something like that for me, I would deliver his babies right after."

Liam timidly sipped on the straw to his vanilla milkshake.

"I'm not pregnant," she declared. "He's not Niall. We use condoms-"