16: SURPRISE

A/N: We're halfway through guys. Not really though. The second half is much longer, so don't worry about it.

Louis, November 18th

For the first time in forever, I didn't wake up from a dream. I'd rolled awake and desperately tried to recall it, but there was no memory of it whatsoever. It was...strange.

Harry's bed was gigantic. Seconds after awakening, I assumed he must've rolled to the other side in his sleep, but once I blinked my eyes open, I noticed the linens were unoccupied. The bedroom door was open, and Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"Harry?" I chanted in the groggiest voice. When I didn't get an answer, I slumped back into the pillow and purred tiredly to myself.

Minutes passed, and he hadn't returned. So I fetched my phone from the bedside table. There was a couple unread messages from Angela, Iris and Liam that I casually ignored. I decided to call Harry, since my fingers were way too tired to text.

I could hear it ringing somewhere in the distance.

Fucking mansion.

Harry picked up after two rings.

"Don't come down yet," was the first thing he said into the speaker. "I can't tell you why."

"Good morning to you, too," I said, voice cracking through tiredness.

"Oh my God," Harry chirped, much clearer. "Don't talk to me when you sound like that. I'm hanging up."

"What?" I laughed croakily. "Am I too sexy?"

He hung up on me.

"Little shit," I swore and put the phone away before shuffling out of bed, stark naked, in a comfy stretch.

Harry's closet was, just like the bed, gigantic. It was a walk-in one nowadays, which made it easier for me to find whatever I wanted to steal. There was a drawer at the very bottom with tracksuit bottoms and sweatpants, and I grabbed a pair that looked comfy yet unnecessarily expensive.

At least he still wore Topman boxers.

After getting dressed into boxers and sweats, I tiptoed out the bedroom (in case my footsteps would give my presence away) and reached the wide staircase that lead down to the spacious foyer.

Right then, I could hear cutlery and porcelain clinking from the kitchen.

He was making breakfast.

The longer I stood there, the more I could distinguish the variations of smell. The strongest one was the bacon and eggs from the stove, but I swore there was something else in the mix.

"Can I come down?" I eventually chanted.

It sounded like he dropped something on the table out of panic after hearing me. "Just a sec!" he boomed back. "Don't rush, please. Just one moment!"

I had already reached the last step of the staircase when Harry appeared through the doorway to the kitchen. To my surprise and delight, he wore a maroon, silky robe that I recognised from long ago. It was open at the front, which revealed his tattooed torso and milky skin around his underwear. Speaking of underwear. Apparently, Topman boxers weren't the only ones he wore. Because this time, Harry was wearing lingerie.

My throat tightened at the sight.

"Wow," I expressed, blinking a couple times before he reached me. I'd altered to look him in the eye, but the mental image of his genitals wrapped under thin, black lace lingered in my head. "What's all this?"