10: HEDGEHOG

A/N: Since you've asked, I thought I should tell you. There are 30 chapters in total + an epilogue (and potential bonus chapters). I know that might seem like a lot less than you were expecting, but towards the middle and end, they are a lot longer than the ones I've been posting now. In total, it's about 100k words long, while the first book was around 150k. It's still quite long, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the outcome.

Louis,

Julie's wish of building a snowman was fulfilled the following evening when her and Harry went out to play during the snowfall.

It was really snowing. This wasn't something I knew of because I'd joined them. No, I was in fact watching them through the kitchen window with a steaming cup of unsweetened tea. Neither of them knew of this, and that only made it better. Because if Harry had known I was watching, he might've not made snow angels or rolled around in the snow like an idiot. It was quite the sight. And I was easily endeared.

I'd still managed to spend the entire day indoors by the time the skies had darkened. A crescent moon was balancing over the sparse clouds, which rested over the treetops in the view from mine, Stephanie's and Kyle's bedroom window. Looking at the moon and the stars always made me think of Harry. Hence, he didn't even have to be present outside my window in order to permeate my mind.

He was always in my head.

This fact made it even harder for me to fall asleep that night. At one point I was pretending to have dozed off, simply to trick my mind into actually doing it, but this only caused bad, bad consequences. It had been so believable that it didn't take long before I could hear Kyle moaning in the other side of the room.

Yes. Steph was sucking him off.

And it was so disturbing.

The whispers that followed once they'd been going for a while indicated that there was definitely more to come (literally), and I was consequently growing more and more determined about getting out of that room as soon as possible. It was the thought of them chopping my head off for interrupting the session that made me think it would be better to just sneak out and wait for it to be over. And since my bed was closest to the hallway, I figured it wouldn't be too bizarre to at least give it a try.

It was only when I'd sidled out of the door and mutely shut it that I realised I was still only in my underwear.

Well, fuck.

Judging by the sounds, it didn't seem like they'd be finished anytime soon. It had been stupid of me not to wear sweats during winter, and the air conditioner that fanned cold air over by back wasn't helping in the slightest. In fact, goosebumps had started to prickle over my skin and stroking my hands over the skin wasn't going to solve the problem.

I had to go somewhere else.

I'd only skipped out in the front parlor by the staircase when I found a thick, itchy blanket to use as a cloak while skipping down the following corridor, unknowing of where I was going whatsoever.

Maybe going to Harry's room wouldn't be so dumb, after all. Maybe it would be a way to break the ice (even though I'd probably already done that by snogging him and giving him a cuddle on the couch).

My feet halted before room twenty-three to examine the golden sign doubtfully. For some reason, I struggled to recollect the memory of reading Harry's key on the floor. It could've easily been twenty-three. Or twenty-four. Or maybe even twenty-two.

I went with my guts and ended up knocking on number twenty-four, shuddering since the blanket had failed to abolish the cold, and only added irritating itchiness to my prickled limbs.