The first two men charged towards Chi, and her body reacted in ways like reflexes. One swung a fist directly at her face, but she ducked and dodged it, ramming her metal cuffs into his stomach as she lurched forward. He grunted in pain and Chi shoved him forth, straight into the next man. They rammed into each other in a series of limbs and yells, crashing into one of the machines.

Another man leapt up to kick Chi in the chest, but she used the base of her metal cuffs to block his shoe and twisted her arms, rolling the man's ankle and knocking him out of the air. When his back collided with the ground, Chi kicked him aside, her boot cleanly whacking on the side of his head, sending him tumbling into another one of the machines. He, too, did not stand again.

Chi's head was buzzing as the next three men lunged for her; her tawny eyes contrasted against the darkness of her feline pupils. She didn't even hesitate when three men barreled toward her; each of them were two times her size, but she did not run. Spinning with lightning speed, she coiled around the chain connected to her cuffs and whipped it towards the men, lashing at their bodies with the steel links. They yelped, leaping backwards, this way and that to dodge the flying chain, but Chi was relentless. She spun and whipped the couplings at the men until it created gashes in their clothing, drawing blood and bruises, knocking them off of their feet. One by one, they were demolished, hitting the ground with loud thumps.

And, last, but not least, was the woman.

Now, Chi could get a better look at her.

She looked to be not much older than Chi, but something at the back of Chi's mind told her she was not as she seemed. Her eyes gleamed a malicious lilac, a deep plum, and a cunning magenta; all the colors decorated each other in a kaleidoscopic pattern. It was a strange color for a human to bear. The woman's hair matched her eyes, with bangs hanging above her eyes with a straight cut, and hair cascading down to her waist. In all truth, she was beautiful.

She was the most beautiful woman Chi had ever seen, and yet...

...She was the most dangerous.

Chi knew this, and she didn't even have to listen to the warning from her lost memory to know that to fight this woman would be suicide. No matter how much she tried, she could not remember who that woman was, but she needed to get away as quickly as possible.

Glancing anxiously around the room, she could see the only exits were through either the bolted metal grates on opposite sides of the vast, ivory chamber, or through the door—the very one the woman stood in front of.

"Dear, dear Chisaki," the woman drawled, her cherry-red lips curling into a sadistic smile. Her velvety voice was strangely enchanting. "You've awakened. Now, why don't you come over here? Erase everything you've seen. You aren't a merciless killer. You're a kind, beautiful young lady who can properly devote herself to her ultimate mission."

Her voice was melodic and silky, like a beautiful song. It compelled Chi to do exactly as she said; to forget what she'd gone through, to resign and give herself over to this kind, wonderful organization that only seeked to help humanity—to forget everything that had happened ever since she woke up in that bed next to Levi's side.

Levi...

As soon as his name echoed in her head, she remembered that this woman was not to be trusted. Feigning resignation, Chi made her grimace fade and slowly shuffled forward, dragging her heels as the woman to speak to Chi with her alluring words and songs.

But every time it seemed as if Chi would go under, as if she would lose herself and give over her soul to this generous, charming, incredible woman, Levi's face came to mind, and she would snap back to reality. The reality that was her only chance to survive.