"Good morning, Mr. Wood," I say politely with a slight nod in his direction.

I wasn't about to gush about our rendezvous to him or anyone besides Thea. Especially not in a professional setting that required a stable state of mind.

"Hey," he replies, drawing his eyes slowly onto me, but instead of the steel hard look I was expecting, there was something else going on in that mind of his. Something I couldn't figure out.

"You have a meeting regarding finances in half an hour, I scheduled lunch with your mother and I made sure to check with her before doing so, there are a few reports that need signed before the final pick up at noon, and here," I reach onto my desk for his usual cup of coffee and extend my hand towards him, "Just the way it is preferred. I have my calls directed to voicemail while I set up the conference room. Is there anything else I can get you, Mr. Wood?"

His eyes were damn close to rolling out of his head as he stared me down like I would crack similar to a porcelain doll.

"I guess not, Miss. Bennett. Thank you," he replies, his eyes squinting for a moment before I turn in my heel and cut this short.

I know I might be over dramatic, but I just wanted to feel okay about this. About what had happened. How people can feel so natural and not completely overwhelmed by the presence of someone you had a sexual encounter with is something I'll never be able to understand.

My sexual history isn't a list of people. There were only a few inhabitants of said list and all that could be counted on one hand. So you can imagine how it feels to go from knowing almost nothing, to blowing your boss in your bedroom because there is so clearly a sexual tension between you two and you thought it'd make it go away. I was a dumb bitch and I can own up to that title almost immediately.

I had all the coffees for the meeting arrive here on special order, and I was laying out the spreadsheets for everyone when Brent and Mahalia entered the room.

"We must say, Lainey Bennett, we are quite infuriated at your lack of informing us that Austin Wood was in your room," Mahalia says, crossing her arms securely around her chest.

I roll my eyes as I order the papers to match the seating chart I'd made at the late hours of the night out of my workaholic tendencies and not my burning fear of seeing Austin on this delightful Monday morning.

"Sometimes I regret introducing you," I sigh, signing into my iPad and prepping it for the notes I had to take. "It wasn't anything. He got pissed that I didn't show up so he made a home visit and my Grandmother invited him in. She practically shoved us into my room and nothing of importance is to tell."

I wasn't lying. Entirely. What were you supposed to say to your best friends when discussing a sexual encounter with your boss? It makes me fall into the statistic. I've never wanted to be defined by a number or another scandal. My life was drama free until I got hired here. It was the source of all evil I swear.

"I still think you're hiding something, and we will get it out of you even if it takes years. We have the time, and we will pry until we know every detail about your sex life, Lainey Bennett. You have been warned," Brent says threateningly.

It was weird hearing Brent's voice. My avoidance didn't seem to strike him wrong and I was happy about that. It seemed like whatever Mahalia had imprinted in my mind was nothing more than a friend worrying about me goingout with a mysterious man I'd never talked about prior to my announcement of the plans.

The two slowly back away into the void, or until they hit a wall and book it out of embarrassment.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh as I turn to finish what I was doing.