Chapter 30: The Vision In The Dream (Part 2/2)

En başından başla

Violet giggled. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

Ray kept on following Violet's lead. "Hey...what has gotten into you?"

"I'll tell you later." Violet said. "Right now my main focus is to get the heck out of this creepy forest."

"Look they're back!" Rio said, seeing them come. "Why did you both take a while?"

Ray dropped the pile of twigs into the campfire. "We got a little lost and lost track of time since we were enjoying the scenery."

"Yeah." Violet didn't know what to say. She felt like no one else would believe her if she told them that she was being chased by some sort of monster.

"Are you two, okay?" Shark asked.

Violet didn't want to worry anyone else so she lied. "I'm fine--" She looked at Ray. "we're both fine."

~~~~~

Now it was beginning to become late. "Alright kids," The blonde woman said. "It's late. It's time that we all go rest." Mrs. Tsukumo said.

"Come on, Yuma." Kari said, walking to her little brother Yuma. "It's time."

Yuma took one last look at his pendant in his hand and he dropped it so that it could keep hanging from his neck. "Okay." He went inside the tent that he shared with his dad, while Kari went in a tent with their mom.

Ray was standing outside of a tent, with his eyes closed, looking away. "Violet, are you done changing?"

"Yes," Violet was inside the tent. She put her clothes away in her luggage. "I'm done." She took her ponytail off. "You can come in now."

Ray then walked in the tent and saw Violet shake her brown hair, revealing her true hairstyle to come down. She had cute curls in her hair. Ray was speechless looking at her in her lavender nightgown with her long curly hair.

"What?" Violet saw that Ray was giving out a weird facial expression.

"Oh nothing." Ray sweatdropped. "I didn't say anything."

Violet ignored what had happened and went inside her sleeping bag with a fuzzy blanket to keep her warm. "Goodnight, Ray."

Ray went in his sleeping bag and turned off the lantern. "Goodnight, Violet."

•••••

It had been 20 minutes and Violet couldn't go to sleep. She was beginning to get really scared and paranoid of the dark that was around her, since it reminded her of the unknown monster. "Ray." She whispered, because she couldn't see Ray.

She then repeated his name. "Ray." She said it louder this time, waking up the carrot-haired 'prince'. "Yes? Violet?"

"Do you mind turning the light on? I can't sleep."

"Why can't you sleep?" Ray turned the lantern on.

"It's because the dark is scaring me..." She sighed. "Because it's reminding me of what happened when I got lost in the woods earlier." She said. "This is going to sound crazy but there was some sort of mysterious monster with red eyes that was chasing me...that I thought was you." She went on. "I was so terrified that I ran away from it and hid...that's why you startled me when you found me. And why I wanted to quickly get out of the forest."

"I believe you, Violet. That does sound terrifying and I would be scared too if that happened to me." Ray said.

Violet was shaking with terror. "I don't know what it was that I saw? I don't know what kind of monster it was?" She hadn't blinked. "I--What if it gets me? I had a feeling that it was after me."

Ray gave Violet a warm hug. "Don't worry, I'm here for you." He said to make her feel better.

"Ray, I'm still scared. I don't want to sleep by myself tonight."

Ray stopped hugging Violet. "It's okay. I can sleep next to you, if you want...that way you're not scared. If...you're comfortable with that."

"Sure." Violet said. "I'm fine with that."

Ray moved his sleeping bag next to Violet's, then he kissed her cheek, "Goodnight, my Princess." He then turned off the lantern and closed his eyes, going to sleep.

Violet was in awe with what Ray did. She was blushing. She felt her heart beating as she was laying next to Ray. Even though, you couldn't see it in the dark, she had a loving smile on her lips.