Chapter 20: Rio's Talk With Darlene

A pink-haired girl looked at her own reflection in the mirror. She frowned while looking at herself, dressed up in her Heartland Academy school uniform. I really don't want to go to school today but I don't have a choice. I just need to hope that time will fly by even faster so that today can be over with. She nodded to herself and started walking to school. "Wow it's such a beautiful day outside." A cool breeze swept by the girl's pink hair.

She looked up at the cloudy sky. "If only I had someone to spend it with." She looked down and accidentally bumped into someone. "Excuse me?"

"Um..." The girl looked up and it was Rio Kastle. "I'm sorry, I was..." She giggled. "Lost in my thoughts."

Rio smiled at her. "It's alright." She then walked away. Wow I can't believe I bumped into one of the popular girls at school...Rio Kastle. I wish I could be like her. She has it all, the looks, the fame and the "perfect" life. And me?... The girl put her hand out to herself. I'm just a shy blob that no one notices or talks to...the one that's the outcast and the--

The school bell had interrupted her train of thought.

DING! DONG!

"Oh...the bell rang. I better go to first period or else I'm going to be late!" The shy girl ran across the small puddle of water that had been left due to the rain from the day before.

~~~~~
*BARF!*....Math class is the worst. It's so boring. The girl tapped her mechanical pencil on her desk. She was sitting at a desk at the far back of the classroom and she stared at the clear glass window. I don't know what's the point of school? It's just an excuse to make friends and do a crap ton of pointless school work and learn things that you're probably going to forget in the future. Who needs it?

"Darlene."

"Huh!? WHAT!?" The girl had heard the teacher calling out her name and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"May you please finish the rest of the math problem that is on the board?" The female teacher asked, calling on her.

"I..." Darlene Homes was the center of attention in the classroom with everybody staring at her. She got up from her desk and went at the front of the classroom to look at the math problem that was on the chalk board. She picked up the small piece of white chalk, and hoped for the best since she had no idea how to solve the complicated math equation.

She blushed with embarrassment, not knowing what to do since she had completely spaced out during the math lesson. She sweat dropped and looked back at the rest of the students who all laid eyes on her and she looked back at the teacher who shot her a look that signaled for her to get on with solving the equation.

Darlene's heart started pounding really fast, just looking around her surroundings; to the teacher that was keeping a close eye on her, to the several students that were probably judging her or not, and back to the stressful math equation that was on the board. She suddenly got dizzy and felt like the whole room was spinning around. She suddenly stopped breathing and her hands started to shake and sweat with fear, showing some signs of her social anxiety that started to kick in.

And the next thing that happened out of the blue, was that her eye vision had started to blur. She had blacked out. With that being said, she had a panic attack and had collapsed down onto the floor in the middle of class. The teacher and students were in shock of what they had just witnessed.