Chapter 22: Darlene Meets Shark (Part 2/2)

Darlene kept on walking, not caring about anything that had previously happened.

"Darlene!" Shark ran after her in the rain.

*shrugs* He just doesn't get it when I tell him to leave me alone. Thought Darlene, trying to avoid Shark.

"Do you want to hang out and talk about things?" Shark asked.

"No I don't!" Darlene shouted as she kept on running. She slipped on a puddle of rain and fell down.

"Darlene!" Shark caught up with her. "Are you alright?"

"I'm...fine." Darlene fake-smiled and tried to get up. "Ow," She couldn't stand up because one of her legs was hurt from the fall that she had.

Shark looked at her leg, which had an open cut with blood gushing out of it and had some bruises on it too. "Your leg, you're hurt."

"My leg?" Darlene looked at her leg. "Oh it's just a cut and some bruises, it's not a big deal." She winced from the pain she had. "I'm fine. I can take care of myself." She pretended to not be in pain, when she actually was.

"No you're not fine. You can't walk with your leg like that." Shark said, not buying her lie. "I'm helping you right now, whether you like it or not."

Darlene sighed. "Fine. But I'm only letting you help me out this one time since I can't walk."

Shark gave her the umbrella, "Here hold this."

"Okay." Darlene was holding the umbrella.

Shark crouched down in front of her, putting his hands out behind his back, "Get onto my back."

"Why?"

"So I can carry you, now hurry up 'cause it's raining."

"Fine." Darlene puffed her cheeks out in frustration. "But don't think that this means that I'm getting comfortable with you!" She still didn't trust him. She got on his back and holded the umbrella above her head while Shark started speed-walking while giving her a piggyback ride.

~~~~~

"This is your house?"

"Yes it is."

"Wow it's so beautiful," Darlene looked at the mansion. "It looks like it's fit for a queen and a king."

"Hold up let me just open the door." Shark took out the key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. As the two of them were inside, Shark put Darlene on the couch. He got a first-aid kit and took care of her and her injury right away. "Um...Shark."

"Yes?"

"I want to tell you something."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I just want to say thank you for helping me earlier when Nadine was bullying me and thank you for taking care of me now with my leg injury."

"You're most welcome."

"Who lives in this mansion with you--?"