Facade [Part 1/3]

Comincia dall'inizio

Solar took him in. "You look exactly like him, but I'm not quite certain on your acting part."

Quake pulled at his inside shirt's collar. It itched against his neck. Other than that, everything fell in place like how he was before.

Thunderstorm and Solar brainstormed possible scenarios and reactions. Impersonating someone who is exactly like yourself isn't as easy as it seems, especially when Quake was the worrisome type. He fretted that he didn't do good enough and ended up messing it up every time.

"Oops! I spilled my drink on you. Sorry," Solar went over the script.

Quake tried not to screw up. "Um, uh..." What would Boboiboy say? His eyes fell on Thunderstorm. Boboiboy was sometimes like him. Maybe he could mimic Thunder? "Whatever."

Thunderstorm raised an eyebrow subtly, sensing the odd answer that had somehow been indirectly pointing at him in every way.

Quake gave up. He sulked in the corner. "I don't know how to do this! I'm not an actor."

Solar glanced over the possibilities. He looked up, baffled. "That is surprisingly accurate of a depressing moment."

Quake and Thunderstorm turned to stare at him in bewilderment.

The red-eyed triplet ran his finger down the pie charts and notes that Solar had prepared. That kid may be 10, but he's smarter than them. Kind of humiliating, but they're brothers, after all.

"Maybe you should be yourself." Thunderstorm looked up to Quake. "Your personalities match without the both of you realizing it. It's just he's more dramatic like the rest of us. Guess we all took off a part of him in a way."

"Wonder where you came from," Solar muttered.

Thunderstorm scowled at him.

"So what about my absence? If I'm posing as Boboiboy, then who'll pose as me?" Quake knew none of his siblings could pose as him. They were either too deadly or crazy.

Solar ignored Thunderstorm's cold glares. "I suppose we can cover that with a story. It's almost Mother's Day."

Thunderstorm's glare vanished. The both of them looked like they were holding in laughs, but failing to contain their breaths. Solar looked like he lacked control, in contrast of Thunderstorm, who covered his face with the beak of his cap.

"And?" Quake leered closer to him. "If you dare go there..."

"And," Solar continued patiently, pushing his sunglasses further up his nose, "there's a two-week trip to Pulau Penang for mothers specifically. Fortunately, we're considered extremely wealthy."

Quake groaned. Why did these people think of him as a mom? He's only 18! He's still a virgin!

He's not even a female! What the heck, guys?

Thunderstorm couldn't find reason to object to that statement. He had to agree that Quake was sometimes motherly towards them, which he picked up from Boboiboy since he was a toddler. He and Cyclone spent the most time together as a result.

"You think they would believe that," Quake deadpanned.

Thunderstorm's eyebrow was raised once more. "We're talking Cy, Blaze, Ice and Thorn."

"Good point." Quake muttered, slumping back on his swivel chair. "Is there no other way?"

"There is," Solar said. "But I don't think anyone would believe this. It's you training with Shizuko."

Shizuko. The name hit them like a frying pan. That alien girl was so sarcastic almost no one can fight back with words. She can cut anyone down with words solely, but she was also skilled with close and ranged combat. There was no way in hell Quake would be near her.