16. I Want to Help You

The low morning sun seeped in through the gap in the curtains, shining through the tin material and giving the small bedroom a warm glow. Faith hummed softly, turning on to her back before sitting up. She glanced around the small room to find that she was the only person in it, but she could hear movement coming from another part of the trailer. Part of her wanted to investigate the sound and find out where Marcus had disappeared too, the other part of her wanted to remain in the bed.

The cheap sheets were surprisingly comfortable, maybe it was just because she hadn't slept so well in a long time, maybe it was because it felt safe and warm.

She decided that she would get out of the bed and find out where Marcus was. She gently placed her feet on the floor before finding something to wear. Faith noticed a light grey hoodie hanging off of the corner of the dresser, it looked warm and comfortable, and she was pretty sure that Marcus wouldn't mind if she borrowed it. She slipped it on, it ended at about the middle of her thighs and the sleeves fell past her hands.

Faith tucked her hair behind her ears as she walked out of the bedroom, soon seeing Marcus in the small kitchen, he was cooking something. She smiled at the sight, he was just wearing a pair of sweat pants and his hair was a mess (which was nothing new). She smiled to herself as she walked over to him, standing beside him.

"Good morning" Faith smiled up at him, wrapping her arms around one of his.

Marcus looked down at her and noticed what she was wearing, he smiled at her before looking back at the pancakes that he was making. "Morning" he responded, smiling again when Faith rested her head on his shoulder.

Marcus finished cooking and put the pancakes onto two separates plates, they both ate together while sitting beside each other on the sofa. Faith ate silently, mainly keeping her gaze on the food but occasionally looking up at Marcus.

"Rachel, what's wrong?" Marcus asked after they had both finished eating. He couldn't help but notice that he seemed distracted and deep in thought.

"I said that I wanted to help people...but only Joseph can actually make any real change" Faith sighed, this had been bothering her for a little while. No matter how much she wanted to make a change, she needed to have Joseph on her side.

"You have already made a change, you helped those people what you freed" Marcus reminded her, taking her hand in his.

"Yes but that's not enough. I can help people from Henbane River, I can help the people from my region but only Joseph can help the people of Hope County. Only he can make my brothers change what they do" she explained as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side.

"Alright, I see what you mean" he nodded, kissing the top of her head. He already knew that The Father would be the only person who can actually change the cult but Faith was doing such a good job.

"I want to talk to him about it, I think that I can make him see the damage that the project has done" Faith admitted, she knew that Joseph was good at heart, he wanted to help people too, he was just doing it wrong. He was helping some people but hurting others, there had to be a way to help without causing others pain.

"That's amazing. You know that I will support you no matter what you decide to do" Marcus assured her.

"Could you come with me? You can help me explain things to Joseph, it would help me be able to..." Faith spoke and Marcus knew what she was trying to say.

"Of course I will go with you Rachel, I want to help these people and I want to help you" he smiled, quickly kissing her. Faith smiled and giggling quietly before kissing him again, quickly.

Obviously Marcus knew that he couldn't say anything that would make Joseph see the harm he had down, but he knew that Faith could. Marcus didn't like the cult and he was far from a believer, but he knew that Joseph truly cared about his siblings so that must mean that he cares about what they have to say. Faith was dedicated to making a change and to helping people, surely The Father would listen to her.

The rest of the day was spent together, not making any huge changes to the cult or even talking about it because that could all wait for another day.

Whether it is tomorrow or next week, Marcus will go with Faith to the cult compound and she will speak to Joseph. That's when everything will start, and they could only hope that everything would change for the better. Hopefully this won't end with Marcus being forced to atone for turning their little sister against them, hopefully they will all see truth and the real effect that they have on the once beautiful Hope County.

Sorry for such a long wait and a short chapter, the next chapter are going to be more plot related!