14. Returned

It had been weeks since Marcus had seen Faith and he had no way of contacting her, a part of him assumed that she had decided to avoid him because he made her confront all of those people, another part of him hoped that she had just been busy. In all truth, he missed her. Marcus decided that their was no point in being sad about it, there was no point in waiting around for Faith to show up on his door step, instead he decided to carry on with his life. He went hunting and sold his goods, making a decent profit. Everything had returned to normal, except for the now empty trailer park that he lived beside.

He got some strange looks and whispers from some people as he passed them on the street, this was because they now knew that he was involved with Faith Seed in some way. He tried not to let it bother him though.

Marcus had finished his hunting for the day and was selling his earnings at the closest town to his trailer, at the general goods store. It was managed by a little old lady who always managed to forget Marcus' name and would call him by any other name, but she was a nice woman. He finished selling his gains and walked towards the front door. "I'll see you next week Micheal!" the store owner called out to Marcus, making him laugh to himself as he waved back at her and left the store.

As he walked out of the store, Marcus nearly walked into a couple who was walking past talking about something rather loudly. "No! You aren't listening to me, they didn't escape, she let them go" the woman tried explaining to her partner but he just shook his head at her as they kept walking.

Marcus paid no attention to them, not being the type of person to be interest in other people's business. He just climbed into his car and drove back to his trailer. As he drove past the abandoned trailer park, he slammed onto the breaks and looked out of his car window. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. There were people walking around the trailer parks, people sitting in deck chairs drinking beers, some hugging and talking, one group of people had even started a camp fire behind their trailer. But they were just people, they were the old residents of the trailer park.

Marcus quickly parked his car and climbed out, practically running into the trailer park. He wasn't exactly friends with anyone from the park but he had lived near them almost his whole life so they all knew each other rather well. He headed straight towards the two men drinking beer in their deck chairs.

"What's going on? How did you all get back here?" Marcus asked, studying them, one seemed perfectly fine, the other seemed rather dazed.

"Honestly, man? I don't know. The last thing I really remember was when those damn cultists, then Faith was talking but I have no idea what she was saying. Next thing you know, I'm waking up here with everyone else" The stable one answered while the other man limply nodded.

"Is he alright?" Marcus asked, gesturing towards the man who looked like he was about to pass out.

"Yeah, I think it's just some lasting effects of the bliss. He should be fine" the man assured the hunter as he took a sip from his beer.

"So...Faith just let you all go?" the hunter asked, still trying to wrap his head around it. He just couldn't believe it.

"I guess, I don't remember much" the man admitted, shaking his head.

"Alright, I'll leave you both to rest. Welcome back" Marcus smiled slightly before returning to his car, only driving up to his trailer to park it outside.

He climbed out of his car once again and this time walked into his trailer, rubbing his hand over his face. Seemingly everyone from the trailer park had returned, and it seems that Faith had let them go. Marcus couldn't help but wonder about what she was planning, was she trying to make the cult more peaceful? Was she leaving the cult? Was there something else going on?

Marcus sighed as he shut the door behind him, removing his jacket and throwing it over the back of the sofa without even looking as he headed straight for the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of beer.

He threw himself down onto the sofa, he felt stupid for thinking about it but the trailer seemed so sad without Faith's smile. Everything seemed so silent without her humming. Everything just seemed more dull with out her.

Marcus wasn't sure about how long it had been but the sun was setting now, and there was a light knock on his front door. He groaned as he pushed himself up from the sofa and walked over to the door, opening it and expecting it to be one of the residents from the park. He was wrong.

"Hello Marcus" Faith smiled, adverting her gaze from his nervously and shifting her feet.