6. Jealousy

It has been a few days since Marcus had seen Faith and he decided that he needed a change of environment. He needed to get out of his trailer so he decided to head down to the closest bar. Once he got there he walked straight up to the bar and sat down on one of the stools, ordering a beer.

The bar was pretty quiet, just a few booths taken up and one other man sitting at the other end of the bar to Marcus.

Once Marcus got his beer he thanked the bartender and the bartender walked away. Marcus drank from his bottle and thought about his situation. He found himself missing Faith even though he knew that he shouldn't. Some part of him still thought that she was trying to get close to him so that she can control him without the bliss or find away to make the bliss effect him. Another part of him knew that it wasn't true and he knew that there was actually something between them. He hated how he had no way of contacting her or visiting her, he had to wait for her to just show up. It's been days since he last saw her and he missed her.

He started on his second beer when he felt somebody sit down on the stool beside him. "So are you going to buy me a drink or do I have to buy you one?" an unfamiliar female voice came from beside him.

"No offence but I'm not a very charitable person" Marcus hummed, sipping from his bottle without looking at the woman.

"Well in that case I will get you a drink" she seemed unfazed by his disinterest.

"No thanks, I'm good" he turned her down again.

"Look, I'm just trying to get away from this guy who was bothering me and you seem like a decent guy" she admitted.

"Alright, one drink" he sighed, turning to face her.

He had to admit that she was attractive. Long brown hair, a practically flawless face, large eyes, a pretty smile. She was wearing jeans and a low cut red top. Still, she was nothing compared to Faith.

"Who was bothering you anyway?" he asked as he gestured for the bartender to serve them.

"The guy at the end of the bar, can't take no for an answer" she smiled, Marcus just hummed as he paid the bartender for their drinks. "So, what do you do?" she asked as the bartender walked away again.

"Don't really have a job, just a hunter. Makes a decent amount of money" he shrugged, taking another sip.

"We do what we've got to do to survive these days. The store I work at is pretty close to closing down as well, customers are being converted into members of the God damn cult" she sighed, sipping from her own drink.

"Yeah" Marcus nodded, not really wanting to bad talk the cult with anyone other than Faith. It felt like he would be insulting her.

"I'm Sara by the way" the woman smiled and held her hand out for him to shake.

"Marcus" he introduced himself and shook her hand.

They sent the next hour or two talking, Marcus actually thought that she seemed like a nice person. "So, did you drive here?" Sara asked.

"Yeah" Marcus nodded, knowing that he was sober enough to drive back home.

"Could you give me a ride home?" she asked as they both hopped off of their bar stools.

"Sure, why not?" he shrugged and they both walked out to his car. They climbed into the front seats and Marcus began to drive Sara home, following her directions.

It wasn't too long before they pulled out outside of her house. "Thanks Marcus" she smiled sweetly at him.

"Not a problem" he smiled a little back at her.

Before he could comprehend what was happening, Sara had leaned over to his seat and kissed him, holding the back of his neck. As soon as Marcus processed what was happening, he pushed her away. "There was no guy bothering you in the bar, was there?" he asked, running a hand through his hair.

"No...was I that obvious?" she asked, sounding a little embarrassed.

"Yeah it was. I'm kind of seeing some one so I think that you should leave" Marcus advised her.

"What is she like?" she asked, hanging her head a little. The question took Marcus by surprise but he thought that he knew how to answer it.

"She is...beautiful, sweet, kinder than people think, more human than others think. She really cares about...everything...she has remained so sweet and caring despite everything that is happening...she is definitely one of a kind" Marcus smiled involuntarily at the thought of her.

"Sorry" Sara nodded understandingly before climbing out of the car. As soon as the door closed, Marcus drove away. Returning to his trailer.

He pulled up outside of his trailer and climbed out of the car, slamming the car door shut. Marcus sighed and mumbled to himself as he walked around his car and towards the trailer. He froze and stared at the sight, when he saw the familiar woman.

Faith was sitting on a metal barrel in front of his trailer, one of her legs crossed over the other. Her hand gripped the edge of the barrel loosely, to steady herself on it.

"You're seeing somebody?" she asked with her usual sweet smile. "You didn't tell me about her. She must be rather special, Sara seemed nice" Faith commented. How did she know about all of that? Marcus looked at her shocked.

"She was nice, wasn't interested in her though" Marcus shrugged, approaching the woman on the barrel.

"Ah yes, because you are 'seeing someone'" Faith nodded as Marcus stood in front of her. "So...who is she?" Faith asked with a smile, reaching a hand out to play with the collar of Marcus' shirt.

"She technically doesn't exist...but I was kind of talking about you" Marcus admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. Faith smiled more and her cheeks turned a little pink at his confession, she tugged gently on his shirt collar making him move forward. He stood right in front of her, barely having to reach out at all to place his hands on her waist.

"I'm sorry that I haven't visited recently, it's been busy" Faith apologised.

"I understand. But don't make me wait that long to see you again" Marcus smiled a little.

"I wouldn't dream of it" Faith smiled sweetly before leaning into Marcus.

Faith was jealous. She knew that she was jealous that Sara had managed to get close to Marcus so quick, but she was thrilled when Marcus didn't return the woman's attraction.

Faith placed her hands on the back of his neck, lacing her fingers together as she pulled his face towards her. Marcus took the hint and placed his lips against hers, wrapping his arms around her waist as he stood between her legs. Their lips moving together slowly and perfectly. Everything felt right, them being together without the bliss making him feel this way. No, this feeling was much stronger and much more real than anything that the bliss could create.