13. I'm Sorry

The drive back to Marcus' trailer was silent apart from the quiet music coming from the radio and the sound of the tyres against the road. It didn't take much time before they parked out side of the familiar trailer. Marcus turned off the engine and glanced at Faith sympathetically before climbing out of the car, Faith followed by climbing out of the car and shutting the door. Marcus frowned a little as Faith tucked her hair behind her ear, looking down at her feet as she walked around the car and towards the trailer. 

Faith remained silent as Marcus opened the front door and allowed her to walk through, following her before shutting the door behind him. She couldn't stop thinking over the words of the people of Hope County, and she kept thinking about what Marcus had told her. You need to stop listening to Joseph...Joseph should start listening to you. 

"Faith" Marcus sighed, knowing that she was having some difficulties with processing everything that had happened in such a small amount of time.

Before he could fully comprehend what was happening, a pair of arms were wrapped around Marcus' waist and Faith had buried her face in his chest. He relaxed as he wrapped his arms around her body, holding her against him and resting his chin on her head. 

"I don't want to-I didn't want to hurt anyone-I don't-" Faith shook her head as she cried softly into the material of Marcus' shirt. 

"Faith-Rachel" Marcus corrected himself as he ran his fingers through her hair in a soothing manner. "Come on, look at me" he whispered, as if speaking any louder would scare her away. 

He placed on hand on her shoulder to push her away, only slightly, and used his other hand to lift her chin up until their eyes met. "I'm sorry" Faith spoke softly and quietly, her hands resting on his chest. 

"No...don't apologise to me" Marcus shook his head before resting his forehead against hers, stroking her hair back again. 

"If it was possible I would have done that to you Marcus...I would have walked you into the bliss like I did with everyone else...how could I have done that to you?" Faith asked, tears in her eyes and a few tears slowly rolling down her cheeks. 

Marcus cupped her face in his hands and used his thumbs to wipe her tears away. "That doesn't matter. What matters is that you didn't do that to me, what matters is that you agreed to listen to me and other people. What matters is that you want to do good, you want to be better" he assured her, kissing her forehead tenderly. 

Faith couldn't help but smile at his words and at his tenderness. She slowly reached up and placed her hands on his, running her thumbs over his knuckles.

"Thank you Marcus, for staying beside me, for having faith in me" she smiled, both of them laughing ever so slightly at the phrase. 

"This isn't a normal situation, it's far from normal...but I am going to be here for you no matter what" Marcus promised her, kissing her temple as he pulled her into his chest and wrapping his arms around her again. 

Faith closed her eyes and smiled softly, focusing on the feeling of Marcus' arms around her and the feeling of safety she felt when she was wrapped in his embrace. Marcus stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head, feeling like he never wanted to have her anywhere but in his arms. 

Marcus could feel himself falling for her, for the first time in a long time he felt as if he could depend on somebody other than himself. He knew that if he could love anyone, it would be her. Faith Seed, the goddamn siren of Eden's Gate.

Faith already knew that she was falling, or had already fallen, for Marcus. He was the only one who believed in her and wanted to help her find the truth, he wanted to help her find her way. Yes, he was wonderful and she could definitely see herself going to church with him and afterwards they would return to the trailer, just to enjoy each other's company. She found herself liking that idea a lot.