ONE| life comes at you fast.

Nori Samuels

Nori Samuels

Everything was planned out, everything was on track. My life was good. But now I'm sitting here in a dirty ass motel that I used my last couple dollars on, crying because my life is in the dumpster. They tell you to never mix business with pleasure and I wish I would've listened because now I'm here.

No money, no house, no car, barely have any clothes.

All of this because I fell in love with my boss. I let him put his spell on me. He spoiled me for years, never let me buy a thing for myself and like an idiot, I went along with it. Not even realizing what he was doing.

Years and years go by, I'm living off of him because he has convinced me to quit so I didn't bring in any income. All I had was a savings that my parents gave me when I left home to move to New York. Eventually he manipulated me into cutting them off.

This man was my world and I worshipped the ground he walked on. Even when he treated me like nothing, yes my heart was broken but all it took was a pretty necklace or earrings or bag or whatever to heal those scars.

Why didn't I open my eyes and pay attention to what he was doing?

Belittling me.

He wanted me to be so low, so that I couldn't survive without him. And he succeeded at his plan because now I have nothing. After finally standing up for myself and telling him that I could no longer take the hurt and lies, I ended up put out with the clothes on my back, the one bag I had when I first moved in with him and the 5,000 dollars I had left in my savings.

That was a month ago.

After trying to get a job and stand on my own two feet and failing miserably because his company was my first real job, so when whoever I applied for called for a reference he gave bad reviews. So I was denied.

I got down to my last 200 dollars and decided to find the next livable place, which was here. I rented out a room for a week, hoping that'll be enough time for something to come through.

I just want to get home to my parents. I haven't talked them in so long, the first thing I'm going to do is apologize. That monster forced me away from the only people that ever cared about me. I don't even remember their phone numbers, I can't contact them through social media because I don't have a phone or computer.

Now I'm stuck here.

Bringing my knees to my chest, I began crying harder. So many thoughts of just ending my life, so that I'd be freed from the stress. This isn't how things were supposed to end up for me. This isn't supposed to be my life!

Flashback (omniscient)

September 2007

The bell rung through the class, letting everyone know that it was time to leave. Nori packed her books and tossed her Coach bag over her shoulder and headed out to the hallway. Her best friend Micah stood at their locker as she neared. Her and Micah were joint at the hip.