Much Ado About Genji's Kimono

Start from the beginning

For safety measures Hanzo said--no, ordered--that you be nowhere near the vicinity of the meeting hall after you dressed him all prim and proper as you did yesterday. You understood, and was quite thankful, for you really could bear facing the man that nearly cost you your dignity. You gave him his fan, and afterwards, he departed shortly.

However Hanzo soon found out that there was never any real danger that could come your way once he stepped foot inside the room. Kujiro had been forbidden to come back, leaving only his brother go handle the transaction along with their father.

A wise move on their part--I wouldn't have had any qualms punching his lights out again.

Hanzo brought the rim of his cup to his full lips, all the while still dazing out into the lush gardens with contrasting violent thoughts raging inside his head. If Genji had said anything during his little recollection, he couldn't remember, but only two words caught the older Shimada's attention enough to tear his eyes away from the scenic beauty he feasted upon.

"I'm sorry."

Hanzo blinked as he turned to his younger brother. "H-Huh? Sorry?"

Genji looked away and fiddled with his fingertips. "I...I am also to blame for what happened to (Y/N) just as much as Kujiro." The lad sighed and combed his fingers through his green tresses. "He was making inappropriate remarks, and yet I brushed them off. I should have seen the bigger picture, knew that he was planning something. I ignored my intuition even when I saw him exit the room. Please, help me apologize to (Y/N), aniki."

"I..." Hanzo shook his head as the memory of that bastard caused his brows to crease once more. He stopped drinking and clasped his hands together. "She never held it against you, Genji, but I appreciate your apology. I never thought that you would learn to hold something accountable to yourself; that's the most mature thing I have heard from you in...ever."

"Thank you but I still feel guilty, Hanzo."

"Just promise me that you'll find better friends--because all the ones that you've brought into this house have been below subpar for my standards."

"Everything is subpar to you, aniki."

"Not everything."

"Oh right, (Y/N) isn't one of those. How could I forget? You practically put her above a pedestal."

"What are you talking about?" Hanzo's face turned red: He felt so attacked. "Be quiet before anyone hears!"

"It's no use, Hanzo. I've been hearing rumors from the servant girls that some certain guys are trying to woo her for themselves."

"Who? Do you know which department they work in?"

Genji clearly watched as the shadow of uneasiness left his brother's tawny eyes and was replaced by the unmistakable glint of jealousy and indignation.

"'Who?'" Genji laughed boisterously as he mimicked his older brother, face and all. "I'm joking. I don't know if people are trying to court her, but all I'm saying is that somebody else might get to her before you do if you keep stalling, chicken legs."

"Hey!" Hanzo bristled. "My ankles aren't that thin!" His hands immediately went down to shield his feet away from his obnoxious brother. "And how bold of you to assume I have feelings for her."

"Okay, aniki." Genji stretched his arms up over his head as he stood up from the floor he sat on. "I believe you, but don't come slamming people into walls when you find another man kissing (Y/N) inside the utility closet."

It wasn't even seconds before Hanzo saw red the moment the mental image made its way inside his head.

You?