“I knew it, it is because of that again…’’He then softly mumbled,’’The moment they died I have been receiving that kind of gaze. I know that they meant good but their pity only served as a reminder that they are no longer here...I tried to act strongly in order not to see that kind of gaze of again!”

“I did everything to make others think that I am living fine that's why…”He trailed his sentence as he stared directly into the older man's eyes,”I don't need your pity so you can stop this kind of big brother's act of yours.”

Qichen who has been unable to say something finally opened his mouth,”Lin Yue, I admit that at the beginning I pitied you that’s why I wanted to treat you better but as I spent time with you not even a single time I did it out of pity nor did I doubt your words. I genuinely want to be with you.”

Even though this person was not the real Lin Yue meaning all of the things that he has just said didn't have anything to do with the real him, he was still the Lin Yue that he has spent a lot of good times with so he didn't want him to question those moments.

After hearing his sentence, Shi Shen had to applaud this man’s strong will. He tried to jab him with guilt but it seemed like it did nothing to him since the one he cares was him not Lin Yue.

Honestly speaking, he did think of him as a brother and a friend but in a romantic way, no.

He could act as his docile little brother but not as a lover so to compensate Nian Qichen he tried hard to mend the plot.

Although the current Yan Ming was not the same as the one in the plot it would change once the world got fixed.

After that, he would definitely be the Nian Qichen that others envied and lived a genuinely happy life with his female lead like in the story.

What's more, even if Yan Ming was a two-faced woman this time around at least she only had eyes for Nian Qichen so even if it was a facade she would still be the gentle and virtuous wife for him so Shi Shen felt less guilty for pushing him to her.

Also, he was not in a place to care for others since he, himself was currently walking on the thin ice.

He didn’t believe that it was as simple as what He Tian had told him in the beginning about collecting 100,000 points and he would get off of this punishment and even received a reward.

However, he could only find out more as he continued to complete these tasks that those people have given him.

But thing has already gone off track in the first world.

Instead of fixing the plot he needed to get away from him instead.

If talking as Lin Yue didn’t work then he would speak with him as the real him.

Therefore, after staying silent for a while, Shi Shen suddenly put down a question while indifferently staring at the older man,’’....Are you in love with me?’’

Hearing his question, Qichen instantly went stiff because he didn’t really intend to confess his feelings to him this early but seeing that empty eyes of his, he realized that the person in front of him finally took him seriously.

So after hesitating for another while Qichen finally admitted,’’I am.’’

‘’But I am not.’’Shi Shen bluntly replied without even taking his time to consider his answer.

Although he has already prepared himself to get rejected Qichen cannot help but feel a pang of pain in his heart.

Anyways, he still reigned his emotions to handle the current situation.