Chapter 6: Day Two

Start from the beginning

"You were always so different from the others. In a way it made me scared." jungkook spoke up from the silence of the waves crashing against the cliffs nearby.

I look over at him and study his face. His eyes, I can't tell now what's inside them. I can't tell what's swarming there. So many emotions one just cannot tell.

"Everyone was just so nice it never occurred to me what they were really doing. But now I remember when we first met, your kindness was different from the others. You didn't put up a front. But back then I didn't realize it and cut off ties with everyone to start new. I got bugged by Mina and her friends for a while after. But now I realize you never complained to me about it, you let it happen.

As for not knowing you were in my classes, that was completely unintentional. I don't pay attention to others in class for the reason of it being distracting. Everyone had some tactic and would try talking to me while I was trying to study so I started ignoring everyone and it worked.

I never wanted this to happen, the others didn't either. For the first few days we didn't know what was happening. We eventually caught on although. We can't talk to anyone and we can't be friends with anyone because we can't trust anyone. And here I was thoroughly hurting someone in the process by pushing them away. Others didn't care and kept trying but you, you fought yourself for me. You let me carry out my life how I wanted.

Heck, even now you tried to protect me. I saw how damn hard you were trying to hide something from me since yesterday morning and I just couldn't put my finger on it and figure it out. Now I understand. You didn't want to see me hurt." a tear flowed from his eye and fell upon his cheek.

I was crying as well, sniffling here and there as my nose began to redden from the cold. And my tears weren't helping this as my nose got stuffy from the congestion.

Then in a flash, his black orbs are looking into mine. I gasp at the close approximaty between us and scoot back a few centimeters involuntarily.

He smiled a very small smile. Although it is small, it still throws me off guard. He's crying and after that heartfelt speech he gave me, it can't be of happiness.

"I'm sorry." he explains in a warm tone as the smile begins to widen. Then I'm engulfed in a hug. A very strong, warm hug. Comfortable and loving.

"And thank you." he mumbles into the hair on my neck. I hold him tighter to me and cry into his shoulder. I don't know what I had been holding in but I think these are tears of happiness.

Then, we just hold one another. I don't know how long we stayed like this or why but we did.

It was as if staying encompassed in eachothers arms was like a medicine to our illness, an illness of sadness. It was the solution to why the way the world works. And even that solution can't answer why we feel this way. Our hearts in perfect sync, beating against the others.

Being this close to him in a way almost felt normal. Felt like we had done this a million times before. But we never have. And never have I felt this way, this wholeness. No broken peices needing to be put back together. Just whole, something I haven't felt in a long time.

It was like being wrapped in his arms was a calming effect for me. My own personal escape from reality. His presence being the escape and the view being the benefit.