Chapter 6 - The Beginning

This man was now in front of her again and Safiya was at a loss for words. She looks up at him and opens her mouth but nothing comes out. He looks at her confused.

"Uhhhh...I just wanted to apologize again for that last time. I feel like I was kinda rude", she finally blurts out anxiously, "I wanted to say that to you a while ago, but I didn't know where you worked and then I got busy with my clinicals so I couldn't wander around to try and find you. Then before I knew it weeks had passed, so I didn't know if it was still appropriate to find you. Then Dr. Motts was like.." Safi rambles on and on, only stops when he starts to laugh.

"It's funny you say all that, I wanted to find you too. I swore I knew you from somewhere but I couldn't remember where. This might sound crazy as hell but...you were in my dream. Well, dreams, like a reoccurring dream. However, I couldn't see your face in the dream until after the dream actually came true." he says. Safi's jaw drops as he speaks, in shock that he had the dream.

"Well while we're on the topic of crazy...I had the same dream and it's the same for me. I couldn't see your face till after it actually happened." They look into each other's eyes and study the other's face and burst out laughing.

"I can't believe this. This is really crazy!" he chuckles holding on the wall for support. Their laughter dies down and a small silence appears. He holds out his hand.

"How rude of me. I'm Eman Kalu and I am a first year resident here in the psychiatric ward. You are?" Eman asks with a smile. Safi shakes his hand with a shy smile.

"I'm Safiya Simba. I'm a fourth year medical student at the Boston University College of Medicine. I'm doing my pediatric clinical downstairs on the 3rd floor",Safi replies. He flashes a smile at her and takes a bit of strength for Safi to not swoon.

"So, listen, it seems that we've got some stuff to talk about regarding this dream we've both had, so would you mind meeting up after this shift? We can grab something to eat?" Eman asks with that sexy smoulder of his. Safi agrees and they exchange numbers. Safi begins to walk when he speaks to her again.

"See you later Safiya.." His voice saying her name sends a shiver down her spine. What is this attraction she is feeling? Why does she feel so drawn to him? Safiya didn't know why but what she did know is that she didn't know how she is going to get through these next couple of hours of her shift with Eman on her mind.