Ch. 27 ~Bad Liar~

"Did you find him? "

"No, " I shook my head. The eyes that stared back at me was filled with so much worry it made me want to punch Y/N in the face.

"Normani and Ally are checking all the police station in Miami, " Emma said turning her back to me.

"What about Dinah? "

"She's picking up Lauren from the airport today. "

"Today's the day huh, " I could already picture the worry stricken face of the woman. "Y/N should have waited a little longer. "

"He shouldn't have even left in the first place! "

"Woah, " My eyes widen. "Calm down Emma. "

"He's out there somewhere Dyl. We know he doesn't have that much cash. He could be sick or even be...dead. "

I wanted to laugh. All of those things sounded overdramatic. But I couldn't stop the gnawing feeling in my chest.

"We don't know that Em's, " I smiled reassuringly in hopes to calm her down. "He's a man that can handle himself. "

"That's the problem. What if he took more than he can handle? "

My mouth snapped shut at her words. What if? What if that fool of a friend took more than he can handle? What if he—

Damnit stop. Don't think of stupid things.

"That's bloody stupid Em. " I couldn't see her face but I know by her hand movement she's wiping her eyes. "We know he's stupid, really stupid at times. But that's why were his friends. To knock some sense in that stubborn mind of his. "

"Yeah, " She mutter after a few seconds of standing silently in her living room.

When she turn back around I open my arms and grin widely at her. "Want a free hug? Just know I'll squeeze that fine ass of yours. "

"Later Dyl, " She brush past me.

"Come on. A hug won't kill—" Then it hit me.

"Are you coming or not? " Emma dangle her car keys in front of my frozen body.

"I can fuck you?! "

That day was the day I got my balls kick the second time from my best friend Emma.

~~~

"You didn't have to come, "

"I know. "

"What I meant was I didn't want you to come. "

"Sure. "

My eyes twitch and my hands clench. But I force myself to relax when I remembered I was driving.

"Bitch, " I mutter.

"Backup singer. "

This time I glared at the person behind me through the rear view mirror. She wasn't smirking nor smiling but just blankly staring outside the window beside her.

"Slut, "

"Flop. "

"Take that back! " I stomp on the brakes and shouted at the bitch behind me.

"What, that you're a flop? "

"The only flop here is you and your solo career. " I sneer.

She turn towards me with bored eyes. "Tell that to the number of sales I have, chechee. "

I shut my mouth. But before I started driving again I look back into her eyes. "Don't call me that Cabello. You're not my friend. "

"Fair enough Hansen. "