Chapter 5

I wake up to the sound of chirping birds. It takes a while for me to remember what happened yesterday. I shake my head and sigh, remembering that I’m lost, away from home and that I’m with some human thing.

          I sit up in the shoe box bed Hunter made for me and yawn.

          “Morning,” Hunter says while doing something on this strange human devise.

          “What is that?” I ask pointing to the thing on his lap.

          “It’s my laptop,” he says.

          “Oh, that’s cool. What does it do?” I ask.

          “Well, it lets you go on the internet so you can contact with people who don’t live near you, post art, videos and stories or you can search for information about things. I’ve been looking up Kidogos for the past ten minutes, but the only thing I got is that it’s the Swahili word for little.” Hunter says and closes his laptop thing.

          “Oh, that’s cool.” I say.

          “Anyway, today is Saturday and it is a free day for me, I can help you find you home I guess.” Hunter says turning to me and grins.

          I smile, “Oh goody!” I screech happily and clap my hands. “That’s awesome, when shall we get going?”

          “In a little while, I gotta do some things first. Like eat breakfast.” Hunter says standing up.

          My stomach growls and my antennas start twitching. “Speaking of breakfast—” I start and the growl of my stomach finishes for me.

          “Okay, I’ll bring you back some food.” Hunter says.

          “Oh thank you!” I chirp happily and lay down again on the bed he made for me.

          Hunter gets up and exits the room, closing the door behind him.

          This kid seems very kind. I think and smile. If I ever find my way home I should visit this place more often, only if I remember how to get back.

          I stand up and walk around in circles for no apparent reason. I just hope I can get back. I think and sigh.

          The door swings open and Hunter walks in with what I assume is food.

          “Here,” he says handing me something that looks like a circle.

          “What is this?” I ask holding it up to my face.

          “It’s a type of cereal, which is food. If you like it, I’ll give you some more.” Hunter says in response.

          I nod. “Okay,” I say and bite into it. It tastes dry at first, but the after taste is marvelous. I can taste something sweet, like honey in it.

          I finish it up and lick my fingers once I’m done. “That was good,” I say.

          “Do you want some more?”

          “No thanks, that was pretty big.” I say and pat my stomach. “Anyway, we should get going now.”

          Hunter nods, “Oh right. Hide in my pocket; it won’t put you in any danger. And no one will see you, you know, we don’t want to draw any attention towards you.”