Chapter One

Depuis le début

"She's making tacos. Come on nobody turns down taco Tuesday's!" he said nudging me.

All I saw were his pearly white teeth and lips that had me hypnotized.

"Okay okay i'll go."

"Great let's go."

"Didn't you leave something? "

"Yeah you." he said winking at me.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

We got into his Nisaan and it looked pretty nice. I quickly looked around the backseat as he put his briefcase in the trunk. No baby toys? No kids? I snapped back looking forward when he slammed the trunk.

"All set to go?" He asked.

"Yeah" I smiled nervously. I put my seat belt on and he turned on the radio.

Everybody's like

He's no item

Please don't like em

He don't wife em

He one nights em

I never listened

No

I shoulda figured though

All that shit you was spittin'

So unoriginal

"You like Jhene?"

"Yeah she sounds like a beautiful fairy" I said laughing.

"What? Thats hilarious." he said laughing.

"But if you don't mind me asking Chris. How old are you?" I said biting my lip nervous because I don't know how he's going to respond.

"I'm Twenty Nine." he said turning the music low.

"Wow I would've never guessed." I said.

"What did you think?" he said glancing at me.

"Hmmm don't get mad but I would've easily said 35 roughly." I said laughing.

"Oh you got jokes I see?" he said chuckling. He started to unloosen his tie with one hand and that's when I noticed his wedding band wasn't there. Nothing but a sun tan where it look like it had been.

"You lose your ring?" I said being nosey.

"Uh yeah I lost it when I was working out last night. And I know, Kim, my wife is going to kill me. I managed to sneak passed her this morning without her knowing." he said rubbing the spot where the ring should be.

"Sorry for being rude."

"No you're very observant. It's a good trait to be a teacher and other things." he said smiling looking at the rode.

"Like what?"

"A wife. Why you think I snuck out the house this morning?" he said.

"Yeah I would kill my husband if I saw him without his ring."

"Exactly. You'd be a good wife."

"That's kind of based on one act though."

"No, your demeanor. I've noticed things since I've been teaching you this semester." he said pulling into his driveway.

"What do mean?" I said curiously.

"I wa-" he said but his wife pulled up behind him in her matching car.