❦ Chapter 40 ❦

"I feel abused. . ." Denki jokingly exclaimed as his mouth was full of chargers. One connecting to your laptop and the others to their cellphones. "You guys do know I also need to charge myself?"

    "Yeah, we know. That's why we brought three heavy duty batteries with us. . ." Jirou replied whilst stinging her tongue out at the blond. The meeting was continued with the others exiting the mess hall to fortify the defenses. Meanwhile, Fujio and you stayed behind to discuss with the fifteen Pro Heroes.

    Shouto and Denki woke up just in time. With the latter being in top shape and is currently being used as a fast-charging station, Shouto was still wrapped up in bandages.

    "Could you elaborate on how strong these so-called monsters are?" Momo furrowed her eyebrows and leaned more into the table.

    "Aye, basically these dudes fucked shit up! Just look at Shouto here! Pfft," Denki pulled out all the charges at once just to speak the foul language.

    In the end, Mr. Pikachu received a smack on the head by no other than Jirou.

    "Aw babe why'd ya do that!" he teased her by using a pet name. Poor Denki's cheek as it was smacked once again. You never really knew if the two were going out but nonetheless you ship it.

   "Mon Ami, if Shouto is severely injured then he should stay back in the flank," Aoyama shone.

    "But then again he is the No. 2 Hero so we can't just simply remove him from the front lines," Tsuyu contradicted.

    "We still have the No. 1 and 3 so what's the matter?" Sero piped in while slinging an arm around Katsuki and Izuku.

    "To add to that, Yoarashi and Tokoyami are real great fighters," Kendo grabbed her chin and tapped her fingers against the table. Shouto coughed in his hands and spoke up, "I have no objections with me being in the front lines. These injuries will soon be healed," leave it to him for being stubborn.

     "But still, you should probably rest. My quirk is not enough to make you fully recovered," you interjected, making everyone whip their head towards you.

    The beautiful male looked at you and you swore he softly smiled at you. Smiling back, you took notice he closed his eyes every now and then. Shouto brought a hand up to his temple and massaged it. You took note to force him into resting later. Turning your gaze to Eijirou, who was sitting beside Tetsutetsu, flashed you a big grin.

    You opened your mouth to say something but then closed it as a knock interrupted you. Peeked inside was the head of one of your staff, fully clothed in a medical outfit. "Forgive me for interrupting the meeting, but we found something peculiar while performing an autopsy on the deceased victims."

    Your eyes widened and abruptly stood up. "You performed an autopsy without my approval with the action?" performing the said activity is risky especially as the disease was unknown. It might be airborne! To add to that, there are no proper facilities in the area.

    "Ma'am Hirai, we got approval from Mr. Fujio," you squinted your eyes to the doctor.

    "Don't look at me like that! I told you earlier morning!" Fujio was not known to lie, so you suspected you were just deep in thought to process the information. "Okay. Tell me what you found," you shook your head and exited the mess hall.

℘➺℘➺℘➺℘➺℘

    Wearing the appropriate attire, you trailed behind your staff. "Miyu, I'm here. . ." stretching the gloves to make sure it fits snuggly, you took a seat beside the female. Her brows were scrunched as she lifted her head up from peering the microscope.

    "We encountered a compound element that is present in all of the victim's blood," the female started. "It might be the cause of their death."

    You cursed under your breath as the chemical was shown to you, "Ethylene glycol." Now it all made sense! Some of its symptoms are abdominal pain, vomiting, and seizures. How could you not notice it? The mentioned symptoms are what had happened to the five victims. "The only problem is that where and how did they got the poison?" you whispered underneath your breath. Was it the tea?

    Well, not jumping into conclusions but it might be the Aitusdrud tea that Seira gave, but she isn't one of the villains then why would she gave it to these citizens. The meal could also be the reason but there's no way that Aunt Kiyo would execute such sinful thing. Unless, another factor caused it, and it might be your greatest pride.

    "It's such a pain in the brain since these victims are already infected with a disease weeks before their death. . ." Miyu stopped your train of thoughts. "And Ethylene glycol acts fast. It could easily kill a person in three or fewer days."

    Ignoring her, you quickly took an empty test tube and removed a glove from your hand. "Wha- What are you doing, (_____)?!" the female exclaimed. Continuing to neglect the female, you activated your quirk then bit your lip. She watched as drips of fluid came out from your fingertips and into the test tube. With quivering lips, you handed her the said lab equipment. "Examine it, Miyu."

    "Wh-What? What?! A. . .Are you serious--," she stuttered, it seems like she also understood your prognosticate. "Just do it!" you interjected. Miyu looked you in the eye for a moment before pouring the liquid into another microscope slide.

    She leaned in then changed the objective lens. Oh, you prayed to the deities above that you were wrong about your prediction. The female examined the liquid, turning the coarse focus knob every now and then along with the fine focus knob. Every second seemed to last a millennium as you gulped your saliva down. Miyu finally stopped tweaking the knobs and probe into the microscopic slide.

    "(____)," she spoke with a soft voice as if she didn't want to hurt you. "Your quirk contains Ethylene glycol. . ."

    A sharp intake of air was performed by you after the devastating set of words heard. Impossible! There was no way your quirk could contain a deadly poison! Your quirk produces antibiotics more advanced and effective than any other medicine known. There was no way that you could produce such poison and transfer it unknowingly to people. "It was me all along?"

    Izuku abruptly opened the doors to the room, making everyone either jump on their seats or ears perk up. "(____), We need you! Shouto experiencing nausea and is palpitating!"

    The worst moment of your life then started.

----

Oh boii-- this is going to be a long author's note so please bear with me :>. First off, I want to thANK YOU GUYS FOR THE CONTINUOUS LOVE AND SUPPORT I JUST CANT VJSJFJJ---
And second, I wanted to let you guys know I've been dropping a loottt of foreshadowing from this chapter and the previous. Try to figure out what will happen *wink, wonk*

Edited: 1-13-20