❦ Chapter 38 ❦

Don't play the music posted above just yet :>
Credits: BigRicePiano "The Heart's Tale"

---- 
   You couldn't believe what is happening. The sweet brunette you once admired is laying lifeless on the ground. It wasn't your fault now, was it? "Seira!" you shrieked with all your might and gave one hard tug for freedom.

    The ice attack Shouto initiated helped you to achieve liberty from the captors. Instantly, you were running towards Electric Shooketh whilst scanning the whole area in search of weak points. As if something clicked inside your head, your eyes widened and shouted, "Shouto! The pillars!"

    The male looked at you for a split second before turning his attention to the said construction. "Grab Denki and get out. I'll distract them. . ." he tapped your shoulder and gave a slight push for acceleration. As much as you want to argue, there was no other choice but to let the Pro Hero be the decoy while you two escape. The important thing is for the three of you to get back. Nodding, you snatched the passed out Pro Hero and slung his arm around your neck for support.

    You almost chocked as the air got stuck inside your throat. A sharp inhale was taken in as the electrifying pain coursed throughout your whole body. "Ahh! Curse this sprain!" Plus, Denki weighed a few tons.

    Tears prickling on your eyes, you ignored the pain and bit your lip. Glancing back, you see Shouto fighting with ten other men who are highly skilled in hand to hand combat. You clicked your tongue and force yourself into a sprint. "Denki, you idiot, wake up!" slapping his cheeks rather harsh in hopes to wake him up.

    You continued your violent torture on Denki's cheek until the both of you escaped the facility. Gulping, you compelled your heart to calm down. Huffs of breath escape your lips as your vision becomes blurry. No! You can't pass out now! Your dilating pupils gazed at your shivering left hand. The moonlight basked the both of you while standing there and fighting the pain.

    "You idiot," the heavyweight of Denki was then disappeared as another male came into the party. "Katsuki!" you shrilled all too loud and high pitched. "Shouto! He-"

    "Shouji is inside helping him," the grumpy blond interjected. Relief burst on your face and a huff of alleviation made a few tears escape. Your vision doubled and blurred, hearing senses also malfunctioning as you let your tendons bend, gravity then pulled your form down into Katsuki's arms. The blond seemed to shout words but all you could hear is the ringing noise of your circulatory system pumping blood in and out of your heart. You finally allow your eyes to close and rely on the Pro Hero for safety.

℘➺℘➺℘➺℘➺℘

    You woke up with a gasp. It was as if some invisible thing took your breath away, or it was just you not breathing for a few seconds causing your brain to involuntarily wake you up. The light was quite dim, possibly the light bulb needs a change. Your hand reached up to your head to ruffle your hair quite violently. Despite the pain, one person crossed your mind and it was Shouto. Where was he? Is he okay?

    "Are you doing okay, (____)?" Miyu asked whilst holding your hand and caressing it. "I. . .How long was I out?" you answered her question with another question. "For about an hour or two," her brows quirked up. "You haven't answered my first question."

    You shook your head and sat up, "Shouto. . .Where is he?" at this point you sound like that heroine in cliché movies wherein they shout their lover's name the first thing after waking up in the hospital. "Is. . .Is he okay?" you exhaled a shaky breath.

    "Shouto's doing fine. He's in another-. . ." Miyu's words were stopped as soon as you stood up. "H-hey! Your sprain is not fully recovered. You need to. . ." she tried to force you down but you shot her a look that gave everything away. The sorrow you're feeling for a certain Pro Hero after he dealt such a huge battle.