❦ Chapter 24 ❦

Ever since that night, you couldn't function properly. You couldn't even face the redhead properly before blushing deep scarlet and using every excuse to run away from him.

      It hurts you every time when you see his crestfallen expression whenever you leave him. But you can't help it! You are flustered and fidgety around him. The whole avoiding thing had been happening for weeks already until it was the day of your departure. Gods, you wish you would die in a hole now.

     "I actually thought I liked Shouto but now since Eijirou and I kissed . . . I'm not sure," you groaned and pressed your forehead deeper into your arms.

    Mai sat quietly across from you while taking a sip of her tea. She was the only person in the hospital that you could open up without being worried that information would be leaked. And so you came into the decision to open up to her before departing.

     The private bullet train would arrive three in the morning and so you arrived at the station a few hours early. You were so hyped that you got to the place earlier than expected. Luckily, Mai arrived an hour later to see you and the team off. Ever since both of you chatted inside the café close to the station.

    Mai gulped down the tea before setting it back down, "Are you not sure it's not the spur of the moment? I mean being courted with a song is pretty romantic. . ." she patted your head gently.

    You raised your head and grabbed both of her hands, startling the female. "I don't know! Ugh! I don't want to break both of their hearts!"

    She sighed exasperatedly before giving you a hopeless smile, "You're new to this. Let it just flow. I'm not really good at advice but I think you shouldn't also avoid the redhead."

     You let go of her hands to cup your own cheeks, "I can't help it! Whenever I see him, I always think I cheated on Shouto. I don't want both of them to have false hope!"

     Mai pursed her lips. "Maybe try to act natural around them. You know? Not chicken out. It would be harder for you and them if you keep avoiding the two," she smiled gently then gave you a reassuring pat. "Relax, (____). You are in the stage of love."

    The thought made you blush, "Cupid is such an arse. . ."

     The female giggled, "I know. And since we're in the topic of love, I just wanted to share something to you. . ." she blushed and shyly tuck a strand behind her ear.

    "I actually liked Lix for a couple of months now. Don't tell him!" she emphasized the last sentence.

     "What? You? Fall in love with that annoying Italian?" you low key shouted.

    "Cupid really is an arse then," she sweatdropped. "Anyway, just be natural and keep it cool. And maybe talk with Eijirou about the kiss," Mai advised.

    You nodded, "Thank you for listening to me, Mai. I'm really glad I have someone to talk to if Ochako or the other girls weren't around."

    The female smiled, "Want to taste my tea?" she offered the cup to you.

    "Sure!" you chirped and gingerly took the item from her. You took a sip and squealed in delight. "This is actually pretty good!"

    "Rise and Shine, citizens of Shizuoka! For I, Fujio, has arrived!" the male announced while flipping the glass doors of the café open.

     "You really need to stop hanging out with Lix. . ." you facepalmed and motioned him to sit with you.

    "Heyooo!" Miyu slurred and entered the café.