❣ Chapter 17 ❣

Her laugh disgusted you to a whole new level as the female kicked your figure over and over. You felt helpless, you know you were strong but the chains kept you restricted from being able to fight back.

     "Oops! I should really hold back since I need your pretty little face to gain dough," Kaede finally stopped her actions and knelt in front of you.

    She started to stare at you with a menacing gaze. Suppose she was hoping she could see you break down and beg in front of her sickening face. Albeit, you kept a strong gaze with her, refusing to back down and glared at her equally.

    "Feisty aren't we?" the female then stood up and kicked your cheek for good measure.

    Kaede and her little group then left you to yourself, making sure to lock the door and close the light. They left you in total darkness, which normally wasn't a big deal for you but in such a state it left you terrified.

    You've read articles about villains imprisoning their hostages for years and some of them have gone savage due to the lack of communication and sunlight.

    You didn't want that to happen and thus you took a deep breath to calm yourself down and erase every negative thought inside your head.

    First things first, how long have you been out? Shifting your gaze into the window you see nothing but pitch black.

    Two possibilities: you are in a place where the sun couldn't reach or it was night already.

   You took the latter, "It was afternoon when we were at the mall. I couldn't be out for that long," you whispered.

   Next was what type of drug did they use to render you unconscious? You racked your brain for answers. After years of studying medicals, you have a handful of suspected drugs.

   Chloroform is a widely popular drug used to kidnap people. Though, it's not that fast-acting as seen in the movies. Plus oxygen degrades them when they have in contact with the chemical.

   "They've also injected the drug onto me. So chloroform is out," you thought out loud. To add to your conclusion, the drug becomes fatal when it's injected.

   Maybe it was Rohypnol? It is a surgical anesthetic legally used by doctors around the globe. Some of its effects are loss of memory of events while under its influence. Although, the thing is that you were amnesiac after you've woken up.

   Assuming you've been out for several hours, the drug must've worn off by the time you were conscious. You had also experienced nausea earlier which was one of its effects. You pressed your lips and furrowed your eyebrows. As if a click went off in your brain, you remembered that Rohypnol takes at least fifteen to twenty minutes to feel its effects.

   After slimming down your list of suspected drugs inside your head, you've finally come across the likely culprit: Ketamine. The said drug is fast-acting especially when it's injected. Some of its effects are being in a dream-like state, seeing in double, feverish hot skin, amnesia and nausea.

   Which all of these are felt by you earlier. Knowing you were still alive, they've might have used it in a controlled dosage.

   "It was Ketamine, huh?" you took a deep breath.

   Could you pick the lock of the chain, though? You could free yourself with two hairpins though it would be difficult since: one, you couldn't see what you are doing and; Two, the said tools were not in hand. The chain rattled as you tried to move your hands apart from each other. Nope, you were not strong enough to break the chains.

   "Tsk. What now then?" you cursed inwardly. All hope was lost until screams were heard above you.

  Your eyes went huge at the realization that the Pro Heroes might have already found you and is rescuing you. Your figure jumped when a blast was heard upstairs followed by several gunshots.

   Minutes felt like decades as you wait for your rescuers. You didn't like the feeling of being treated like a damsel in distress. Yes, you're a damsel and is in distress but nonetheless you could somehow handle it. Somehow.

   The door creaked open in front of you and light-flooded above you when the individual opened it. Kaede stomped her way towards you, her other companions trailing behind her. One of them gagged you with a cloth and gods above you wished it was sanitized.

   "Make a move or scream and I'll kill you," the female taunted as she fumbled with the chains attached to the wall. After several attempts, she'd liberated the metal and now a male was covering you with a sack.

   He then placed you on his shoulder, taking the phrase of "Being carried like a sack of potatoes" to a whole new level.

   Grunts and shouts of orders were heard when you were brought upstairs to the battleground. With the sack obscuring your view of the fight, you were unable to see who or how many had come to rescue you.

   Your figure bounced up and down as your carrier run like a wild animal. You can hear Kaede barking orders and her members firing or using their quirk.

   "There she is!" one of the heroes yelled as soon as they saw your sacked body. Your human vehicle seemed to speed up as a few footsteps were heard.

   This was now your chance to help them. Digging your knees onto his front, the male yelped in pain but refused to drop you. Then you proceed to swing your legs to stab his ribcage using your knees. That did the trick and he finally dropped you.

    Oxygen was knocked out of you once you've hit the hard pavement. Good thing your bones were not crushed nor injured with the fall. Although, you swore a few bruises were now visible on your legs and arms.

   A sticky substance enveloped your abdomen as you were pulled with force.

   "Got her!" a familiar voice informed as they took the sack off of you.

   "Hanta?" you exclaimed once the Taping Hero: Cellophane, greeted you.

   "At your service," he playfully winked. You looked around, a plethora of unfamiliar faces were littered but one figure stood out the most.

   Hanta followed your gaze and grinned, "He came as soon as he heard. . ."

   A few meters ahead of you was his mighty arse, Katsuki Bakugo, blowing off enemies with his quirk.

----

Edited: 1-9-2020