❦ Chapter 34 ❦

You gulped as you sweat buckets. Hand still on the knob, your eyes stared into the black abyss of the creature.

     "Not gonna cry? I see you've changed," sharp claws gripped the oak wood and pulled it away from you. Despite seeing its full form, no tears escaped.

     The monster was probably seven or eight feet tall, with it crouching down so it would not hit the ceiling.

     Long, slender and bony arms reached the floor. Man, he looked like a scary monkey. Three sharp claws, about 2 yards long, adorned its hand.

    A black aura surrounded the creature, and you don't have to be smart to know that it signifies fear. And so you took two steps back cautiously.

     You eyed it with loathe, you were so sick and tired of running away! You won't back down this time.

    "What do you want?" it was a miracle that your voice didn't falter.

    In fact, it held confidence that it would surely be enough to show you were not afraid.

    It shrugged and took a step, "My master gave me orders to dispose of you. . ."

    With that said, it lunged its long arms towards you. Aiming to kill you with one move. You weren't having any of it. Ducking, you rolled your way far from it.

    "It would be much appreciated if you stood still and let me cut your head," a breathy chuckle escaped from its mouth.

    Which sounded like someone had phlegm stuck inside their throat and they tried to laugh. In other words, disgusting.

     You patted your pocket, making sure that the journal was still there. Orbs scanning the place, you try to formulate a plan for escape.

    Full knowing you had no weapons at hand or a quirk desirable for combat, you rely on your strategies to overcome this monster.

   A chair was close enough for it to be a momentary weapon.

      Surely enough, you can't just stride away from it. The thing was bigger than you by three times and don't even get started with its long arms.

    That was the advantage, the monster could easily execute you by swinging it. Your eyes trailed down, noticing that it has shorter legs relative to body size. Was it an advantage or a disadvantage?

      The monster reeled its arm backward, suppose it was preparing for another attack. Quick! You need to think!

    It was as if everything went slow motion when it started to lunge forward. Your breath hitched, it's now or never!

     Its smile creeped you out but nonetheless, grabbed the chair and threw it as hard as you can, aiming for the head to at least obscure the vision.

     A satisfying crunch of wood was heard and by then your body acted on its own. Darting forward, you've managed to dodge the arm in time then sprint.

    The monster left an opening for you to escape and you thanked the gods for such luck.

     Running at full speed just like Iida, you hoped that you regain distance before it recovered.

    The creature bellowed, vibrations traveled beneath your feet making your adrenal glands pump more adrenaline into your system. You swore, this physical activity exhausted you.

    Perhaps the gym class you had when you were in high school was for this. Hands flew to your cheeks in order to make yourself focus.

     Fishing inside your pocket, you made sure that the journal was still with you, and it did.