❦ Chapter 10 ❦

You turned crimson red at the male's extolment. Never have you anticipated that he would compliment you at a time like this.

      "Eh?" you muttered out. Shouto's hand rested on your cheeks, caressing it so gentle you leaned towards it. As if a force stopped him, the male stopped his actions and pulled back his hand. "I'm sorry. . ." he worded.

        Cautiously, you placed your hand on top of his and smiled genuinely at the male. "Thank you, Shouto. You also look dashing yourself. . ."

         Now it was his turn to flush red. Shouto's eyes widen at the contact but did not retract his hand back. The male liked the contact, it made him feel safe.

      "Here are some cookies! It's on the house," the brunet from earlier went by your table to give a basket full of cookies. It smelled delightful and it made you mouth water.

      "Thank you," you said as he set the basket down, you retracted your hand from Shouto's to take one. The said container was wrapped with a pretty velvet ribbon and a decorated parchment held the baked goods.

      "(_____)," Shouto started as he took one cookie. You hummed in response, taking one also for yourself. Mouth curving into a smile as your tastebuds were stimulated at the scrumptious dessert.

      "Do you want to talk about your mother?" he said with caution, afraid to step on a land mine.

     Pausing, your eyes looked at him with uncertainty. You haven't had anyone to talk to about your mother. After all, it was a touchy subject. The male seemed to notice your uneasiness and cursed himself again for bringing the topic once more.

     He opened his mouth to speak but you beat him to it. "She was killed when a group of villains attacked the city where she was working. . ." you began.

      "My mother. . .she was healing the citizens with poor income for free. She wanted to heal people and see them smile as they regain the hope of having a tomorrow."

      "She died protecting the citizens from the villains. It was also a few days before I graduate college. . ." you bit your trembling lips. "She never got to see me on stage with my diploma on hand."

      Shouto sat there unmoving, staring at you with lament in his eyes.

     "(____)," he decided to make a bold move, the Pro Hero placed his hands on top of yours and intertwined it.

     "I'm glad you told me. . ." his lips curved slightly into a smile. Both of you stared into each other's eyes, not giving care to the customers who watched from afar.

      "Ahem. Here are your orders. . ." the brunet broke the atmosphere. You blushed as you tore your hand away from the male. The waiter proceeded to place your orders down.

      Looks like Shouto ordered tea with a plate full of mochi. The male then left you two to your own business.

     Inhaling the sweet scent of chocolate, you took a sip and squealed in delight as the delectable flavor hit you like a truck.

      "This is really good! Not too sweet nor bland!" you complimented, placing the cup down to grab a muffin.

     A gasp escaped your lips when Shouto's thumb grazed over your lips. "Wha-?" you blushed at the contact.

      "You have marshmallow fluff on your lips. . ." he stated, licking his thumb. The tips of his ears were burning real bad.

     "(____), to be honest. I've been feeling weird since I've met you. I don't know what it is but it's kind of like a feeling that I want you to be close with me all the time. Am I sick?" he questioned, giving you the cutest expression you've ever gotten from him.