Chapter 52

Reunited and it feels so good.

So good!

Reunited cause we understood.

That right, Jennie and I are finally on the same page.

You know what else we're on?

Each other!

In the hallway!

I know we should stop but I can't seem to tear myself away from her.

And for good reason.

I thought I lost Jennie. Even though I still had hope, that doesn't mean I didn't fear that this day would never come. That I would never get to kiss her lips, or tell her I love her or have her say it back.

Jennie gently pries my mouth open with her tongue as she pushes me against wall outside my apartment.

I've missed her tongue.

So much!

She kisses me deeply and my hands slowly work their way under the back of her shirt.

We both have wounds on our hearts that need healing.

Sexual healing!

Hell yeah!

I don't care about my neighbors or anything else for that matter because the feeling of Jennie's body pressed against mine erases everything from my mind except her.

"Well, well, well, it seems like my work here is done," Rosé says as she walks into the hallway. The amusement in her voice is impossible to miss, even with Jennie's tongue in my mouth.

My mouth!

And I'm sure it will be other places in just a little bit.

Jennie pulls away from me and if it was anyone else but Rosé that disturbed us I would have to kick their ass. But she gets a free pass, this one time and one time only.

I notice Jennie blushing at getting caught by Rosé and I nearly rip all her clothes off. I somehow find the self-restraint not to do that and then I give Jennie a chaste kiss before I turn to my friend.

When my eyes connect with Rosé's and I see how genuinely happy she is for me, I get all choked up. What she's done for me, what she must have gone through with Jennie and how I imagine she helped her, goes above and beyond the call of friendship.

It really does.

I fling my arms around Rosé and give her a fierce hug. "Thank you so much," I manage to get out through my joyful tears.

"I was happy to help," Rosé replies as she returns my embrace.

This woman, this incredible woman, deserves every bit of praise I'm too emotional to give her. I know I wouldn't have survived the last couple of trying days without her. She is so unbelievably selfless that I'm certain whoever she ends up with won't be worthy of her love.

I cling to Rosé for a few minutes longer to let her know with actions how much she means to me.

When Rosé and I separate she has tears in her eyes. "Look at what you've done, Kim, you've turned me into a big softy," she jokes, but I know the truth.

Behind Rosé's quick wit and confident manner is a sensitive girl that only a handful of people really get to know.

I'm grateful that I'm one of those people.

"Sorry," I say with a smile.

I feel Jennie come up beside me and when I look over I'm very relieved that I don't sense any hint of jealousy from her. I love Rosé, but I'm in love with Jennie and I would never want those two things to be confused.