Chapter 16

The living room has been divided into two sides.

Men on one side, women on the other.

I slide in next to the empty spot beside Jennie.

Yay!

"We're about to prove who the superior sex is." My father brags.

"That's right, we are." My mom replies as she looks at Rosé, Jennie and me. "Am I right girls?"

I forgot how much my parents like to trash talk each other.

I'm not sure how I could forget, they're notorious for it.

Let's hope it doesn't get too embarrassing.

For me that is.

My teammates and I hoot and holler in response to my mom's question.

My father stands up and walks over to my mom. "Care to make it interesting?"

The guys encourage my dad as they do some sort of man chant. Bobby is positively glowing after Hanbin high fives him.

"Don't let him intimidate you." Rosé yells.

"That's right Mrs. P, we're going to show those boys who rules." Jennie adds. She looks so darn cute getting all excited like she is.

I might as well get my two cents in also. "Girl power!"

My mom is definitely not backing down now. She gives us two big thumbs up before she addresses my dad. "Loser washes the dishes tonight."

"That's lame." Bobby shouts.

Even Joon, the quiet one, gets into the spirit of things. "You guys can do better than that."

Hanbin slings has arm around Bobby's and Joon's shoulder. "I agree with my boys."

I think Bobby just died and went to heaven.

"How about the losers have to serve the other side at the barbeque on Saturday?" My dad suggests.

"But Hanbin won't be there." Rosé points out.

He smirks at her, "That's ok, my boys can enjoy getting waited on without me."

"You're way too cocky for you own good." Jennie admonishes him.

"No he's not." Bobby exclaims. "Hanbin just knows how much of a butt whooping you ladies are going to get."

"That's big talk coming from you." I boast.

My dad waves his arms around to get our attention. "Ok, ok, let's not get too carried away." He sticks his hand out towards my mom. "What do you say honey, deal?"

My mom doesn't even hesitate. "It's going to be so sweet watching you have to wait on us hand and foot."

They shake hands and all of us start clapping.

"Wait a minute, how do you play Pictionary again?" Hanbin asks.

My team howls with laughter.

This is going to be easier than I thought.

Bobby rolls his eyes before he launches into an explanation of the rules.

Jennie adjusts her position on the couch so she's facing me. "Is it like this every time when you come over for dinner?"

I chuckle softly, "Pretty much. I told you it's different when we're all together. We tend to get a little crazy."

Or a lot crazy depending on how you look at it.