Chapter 6

I reach the restaurant door and stop myself from leaving for a variety of reasons.

One, I'm in no condition to drive right now.

Two, I feel embarrassed and foolish and I really want to apologize to Jennie for blowing my top at her.

And three, I probably owe Jennie the right to defend herself.

The problem is I don't exactly know how to admit that I may be wrong. I kind of have this stubborn streak in me that works quite well in the business world but not so well in my personal life.

Jennie obviously didn't take the news of my sexuality the way I pictured she would but maybe there is another explanation for her reacting that way.

I don't know what to do and I don't quite know how to fix a mess I had a hand in creating. I'm not saying Jennie is innocent in all this but I'm also willing to accept that freaking out didn't help matters either.

Yes, yes, very mature of me I know.

I keep up my internal debate until I feel a hand tugging at mine.

"Jisoo?"

She didn't even have to say anything, I knew it was Jennie the second her hand touched me.

Her voice is so soft and it sends my pulse racing like only Jennie can.

I turn around but I don't remove my hand from Jennie's because frankly I don't want to. Besides she is the one that initiated the contact so I'm hoping that means she isn't going to react badly this time.

When I'm finally face to face with Jennie my stomach drops because she's clearly upset and I'm the one who caused that for her. I want to throw my arms around her and tell her all is forgiven. Of course I don't do that because it's not appropriate and I'm a little scared as to what her reaction might be.

We have a conversation with our eyes, only I'm not sure exactly what we are saying and I think words are actually needed right now.

"I'm sorry." We both apologize simultaneously.

"No, I'm the one who's sorry." We really are on the same page because we speak at the same time again.

I can't help but laugh and neither can Jennie, which I take as a very good sign.

"I really am sorry." Jennie says on her own. "Do you think you could come back to the table so we can talk?" Her request comes out so quietly but there is definitely conviction in her voice so I nod my head and follow her.

If Jennie asked me to jump, I'd ask her how high she wanted me to and if that makes me whipped I could care less.

I am disappointed when she lets go of my hand but it would be unrealistic for me to expect her to keep holding it when there really is no logical reason for her to.

Plus, I see plenty of hand holding in our future; at least I hope there will be.

I take a seat across from Jennie and wait for her to begin.

She's not looking at me and she's playing with her napkin like it's the most fascinating thing in the world. Once more I fight the urge to run over to her and envelop her in my arms.

"I don't have any issue with your sexuality at all." Jennie is whispering and I have to strain my ears to hear her. "I just got caught off guard when that girl said that to me. I mean I was going to the washroom and never expected that to be my greeting when I returned."

"Totally understandable." I interject.

"But my reaction wasn't." Jennie replies quite strongly. She lifts her head up and her brown eyes are filled with a lot more emotion then they were a few minutes ago. "I know this isn't really an excuse but I've been all out of sorts since moving here from New York."