Chapter 32

Something is tickling my nose.

I blindly swat at it but it tickles me again. This is really not the way I'd like to be woken up.

I prefer soft, gentle kisses, but that's just me.

The tickling stops, finally, and I feel myself drifting back to sleep.

Just as I'm about to enter dreamland again I feel that damn tickling restart.

Man, I'm pissed off.

Oh my god!

What if it's a spider?

A big furry spider that is going to eat the skin of my face.

Oh my god!

What?

It could happen you know.

I hate spiders.

Hate them with a fucking passion.

Ok, ok, that's a lie, I don't hate them, it's more like I'm deathly afraid of them. So afraid that if I see one I scream my head off, so afraid that one time I had to call my father to come over and kill one that I saw in my apartment and so afraid that the idea that one is crawling on my face right now sends a shiver down my spine.

Oh my god!

Cue over dramatic freak out.

My eyes fly open in a panic as my arms go flailing in the air. Oh, and I might, just might be yelling at the top of my lungs too.

Instead of seeing that spider though, I'm greeted by the sight of Rose and Bobby killing themselves laughing.

I so don't envy them right now.

Why you ask?

Because they've awoken a beast. A moody, grumpy, hates-mornings beast that is primed for a good old-fashioned ass kicking. Oh and it doesn't help their cause when they start pointing at my angry self and laugh even harder.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I scream like a mad woman as I try to slow my beating incredibly fast heart down. At least there's no spider I guess, but that doesn't mean they're off the hook either.

"What's the matter princess? Are you a wittle grumpy this morning?" Bobby asks in a cheery voice that is bound to get him punched in the mouth. He attempts to pinch my cheeks but I grab his wrist and bend it backwards.

He totally deserved that.

"You wanna try that again?" I scowl and I do get a little joy out of the agony filled yelp I receive for my efforts.

"Let me go!" Bobby squeals at the top of his lungs.

Wimp!

His voice is so piercing that I have no choice but to release the death grip I have on his arm. Stupid Bobby and his stupid voice ruined all my fun.

Ass!

"What's your problem?" Bobby inquires once he's a safe distance away from me. I guess he's not so stupid after all.

Ugh.

That's the best way to describe how I'm feeling.

Ugh.

"Let's see," I begin as I lean back against my headboard. "First of all, the two of you decide to break into my apartment at," I pause to check the clock on my nightstand. "Eight-thirty on a Saturday morning." Motherfuckers, that's so fucking early. "Next you think it's cute to wake me up by tickling me." I pause again to take in a deep breath. I need to if I'm not going to be the subject of tomorrow's headlines because I've been arrested for double homicide. "And lastly, you make the asinine decision to make fun of me when I'm really not in the mood."