Chapter 18

"Zero. . .Ichiru. . ." Alondra whispers sadly as she sits on the bed of the unfamiliar room. She'd given up on racking her brain for ideas since she doesn't even know the layout of the place she is in. She doesn't even know how many guards Kira has that will keep her from escaping. Her vampire strength doesn't work and neither does the wind she commands. She's afraid that not even her pureblood abilities will work to sway his people. 

Alondra jumps as she hears a knock. She gulps, too scared to respond. She tenses up as she hears the lock of the door coming undone. Her heart pounds in her chest and she backs up into the bed.

"Don't fear, Alondra-sama, it is merely I, Amelia." The soft voice says as she goes into the room and Alondra relaxes a bit, but stares at the dress in Amelia's hands. She gives her a questioning gaze and she gasps as she see the lovely dress in her hands. Although, it's not really her style, she can tell it's for her considering the fact that it's too short to fit on Amelia who is a few inches taller than Alondra.

"Why do you have that dress, Amy-chan?" She question her as she puts it over the bed beside her and Alondra looks at it with concern. She is worried about what she might say to her about the dress.

"Oh, it's for you to wear for dinner. Kira-sama expects to see you there with that dress on." Alondra tenses up and look at her with a pleading gaze. She really doesn't want to see him, she don't even want to be in the same room as him.

"I am sorry, Alondra-sama, but I can't stop Kira-sama forever. I am merely a maid and he is my master." Amelia says with an apologetic gaze. Alondra understands her, and nods her head. She is scared, but she has no other choice if she doesn't want Amelia getting hurt.

"Where's the bathroom so I can shower?" Alondra questions Amelia. She leads the way to the only other door in the windowless room and opens it for her. Amelia goes to set up the shower for Alondra, pulling out a towel for her and all the basics she needs for a nice shower.

"Rose scented shampoo and soap. I get the feeling this was planned ahead and this room was made for me beforehand." Alondra states a bit scared of the idea. She doesn't want to stay here long, she wants to get out of this place of nightmares no matter what it takes.

                                                           ~0~

"Too much skin." Alondra mutters annoyed as she realizes how exposed her neck and shoulders are, and the bodice is designed well enough to bring out her curves and small chest, making it look larger than it really is. "Damn pervert."

Amelia listens sympathetically as she fixes up what little hair Alondra has. She puts a golden butterfly pin on her hair, holding her long bang back and exposing more of her face. Alondra doesn't like being without her bang, but she must admit that she looks nice.

"All finished, and may I say you look absolutely beautiful." Amelia compliments as she fixes up Alondra's dress as she stands up. Alondra looks herself over and smiles a bit for Amelia.

"It looks better when you smile, but I can understand why you're so miserable. Is there someone special you wish would be here with you?" Amelia questions her, and that makes Alondra blush brightly those words bring up the image of Zero and Ichiru. Amelia giggles a bit and doesn't question her any further.

"Come now, we must go now." Alondra looks down sadly and prepares herself, making herself appear stronger than what she really feels. She looks down at her bare feet, realizing that she's being made vulnerable so she can't escape from the land. She sighs and motions for Amelia to lead the way. 

"This way, Alondra-sama." Amelia says as she leads her down a corridor towards the stairs. Alondra doesn't pay attention to the hall, she merely walks with her head down, staring at the wooden floor. She stops at the bottom of the stairs and takes a deep breath before following Amelia to a large wooden door which she opens with ease.