Chapter 14

Yoru carries Alondra back to the Moon Dorms, nearly draining her dry after his jealous outburst. He curses at himself for being so weak, he'd been able to control himself up until he met the Kiryu twins. The way they make Alondra react really gets to him.

He watches her sleeping figure, careful to also guard her from Kira Hio, her very own fiancé. The only other person she fears as much as her father. The one person that is truly out to not just frighten her, but to have her in every way possible.

"Alondra. . ." Yoru whispers, daring to reach his hand to her face. His fingers hover over her cheek, but pull away as he realizes he's not allowed to touch her. He wishes he would have had that thought the times he drank her blood, the times he held her against him, the times he's been so close to kissing her soft pink lips, a bit dull due to her lack of blood ingestion.

"Forgive me, Alondra-sa... Alondra." Yoru bites his wrist and takes in some of his blood before leaning over Alondra, and opening her mouth to feed her his blood. Waves of happiness flow through him as his lips touch hers. His tongue slightly touching hers as the last drops of his blood go down into her throat. She swallows reflexively, coughing a bit as color slowly returns to her.

Yoru pulls away slowly and wipes away the leftover blood. He gently kisses her forehead, and steps back. He jumps as he bumps into someone and quickly turns around.

"Kira-sama." He says, his icy blue eyes widening in horror at the white haired pureblood before him. A tight smile firmly planted on his face, his pale pink eyes looking a shade darker as he looks at Yoru.

Yoru swallows, but it feels like a rock is lodged in his throat, and he is unable to breathe. He clenches his hands to keep them from shaking as he looks up at him. Kira goes past him, and walks over to Alondra. He gently brushes his thumb over her moist lips.

He stares a bit surprised at the gentle look in his eyes, and the tender way he brushes her bangs away from her face.

"Impossible. . ." Yoru thinks to himself, watching him still. Feeling his heart pounding harshly in his chest. It feels like his head could be ripped off at any moment in spite of the gentle scene before him.

"Get out." Yoru returns to his senses as he hears Kira's command. He stays still a moment longer before Kira's glare has him reluctantly leaving. He is unable to control himself as he gives in to the voice of a pureblood's command.

Alondra slightly groans as she opens her eyes slowly. She startles into alertness as she sees Kira sitting on her bed beside her. She quickly draws the covers up, only leaving her terrified eyes out in the open. She strongly wishes that she is in a nightmare. Squeezing her eyes shut she starts to tremble. She hopes that once she opens her eyes, he will be gone.

"You're not real! You're just a nightmare, that's all! This isn't real!" Kira glares a bit annoyed at her fear, and a bit of something else coats his gaze as he watches the shaking brunette. He snaps and pins her down on her bed.

"Ah, you are hoping for too much, dear. This isn't a dream. I'm really here with you." He says cruely, smiling at her. Her eyes well up with tears, her trembling increases as she looks up at him. He watches her a moment longer before letting her go and getting off her bed.

"Such a naïve little girl. You're very intolerable sometimes. I don't want to play with you now." He says to her before leaving just as he'd come, silently and unnoticed.

She lies there, shaking hard as she stares up at nothing. His words run through her head, it reminds her a bit of the strange messages Yoru has given her.

"I'm not naïve. I just don't want to be wrong." Alondra whispers in a shaky voice before she jumps out of bed and rushes to the bathroom to vomit.