Chapter 9: For her protection

Alex's POV

Well, our first and what seems to be the last chat that I had with Rose was a complete bust. She probably thinks I'm some weirdo or killer. I never wished for Carter's personality but it would have helped a lot back there. I need to take some action.

I sent Rose an apology picture of a puppy the other day and thank goodness it worked otherwise I was going to do something, I don't know what yet because I don't want to freak her out.

I already know what I need to know about her that's not all that personal because I want to find that shit out from her. Where's the fun in knowing everything huh?

I know where she lives, her work place and schooling history, a little bit about her parents and nothing about her finances. I would admit to wanting to probe some more there because if she needed a dollar or billion, I'd give her in a heartbeat.

I'm familiar with the school that she works in, Nathan Parker. I really like it. Now how do I get involved in the school?? I know, I know but I can't help it.

I reached for my phone and called Carter who picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Alex"

"Hey! How's my best bud doing? " I said way to cheerful.

"Hahahaha, what do you want?" he asked

"I wanted to check up on you. I haven't heard from you since the gala."

"Thanks man. I shortly left after you actually. Felicity called saying that she needs a ride from some club. Her friends switched up on her while they were there so she wasn't in the right space."

Felicity was Carter's little sister who is in college studying journalism because she wants to write stories that matter. She is so wild though, wilder than Carter back in college and that stresses us like hell.

"How is she right now?" I asked.

"She said that she was fine. She stayed the night at my place and I dropped her off at her apartment later yesterday." He replied.

"I should call her later just so she knows I got her." I said

"Please man. Maybe she will give you more information about what really happened at that club. I don't know why she insists on going to these shady ass places when I told her that she can part at The Volt because at least when she's there I know for sure that she's safe."

"Exactly. This story of hers about how she doesn't what to party with her brothers is crap. I own that club and no funny business goes down there that's for sure." I replied.

The Volt has been a side project of mine because of my paranoia. I opened it so that at least I can somewhat control who gets in the club, especially media and of cause so that I can also go out and relax once in a blue moon.

"I don't want anything happening to her bra." Carter said a bit worried.

"I too man." I concurred

There was a brief moment of silence on the phone so I decided to break it.

"So, Carter. The gala we went to got me thinking you know. I don't think we're giving back to the people as much as we should be." I told him.

"What do you mean? We practically live to give out money to charity. We have already donated close to $9 million dollars this financial year and Lord knows what these people do with the money."

"So, you also agree that we're giving and not really facilitating how the money is used in most cases?" I probed

"Well, you didn't say that for me to agree with but yes, something along those lines."