Chapter 4: The Gala

It was now time to head out to the ball from Ryan's place. I was super nervous,  getting this dolled up and heading out to an A-list hotel filled with the whos-who of the business industry is surely talking a toll on me. "Can you please stop sweating because you are ruining my art work! " scolded Lola . Back at the mall, she just washed and straightened my hair and insisted on coming over later on to Ryan's place to do the final touches and my makeup because I, apparently, wouldn't do justice to my hair and face.

I took one last long look at myself in the mirror not completely believing that it's me. I looked absolutely beautiful I could cry right now. I'm kidding, I do not want to get my ass whipped by this feisty friend of mine. "Alright, let's do this!" I said with as much confidence and assurance that I could conjure. Lola stepped aside and gestured for me to exit the room with a bit of a bow as if greeting her highness. I went out the room and made my way to the starecase where Ryan was already waiting at the bottom. He looked like he was put in a trance and couldn't move because that's exactly how he was looking at me and that's when i knew for sure that I was drop dead gorgeous.

 He looked like he was put in a trance and couldn't move because that's exactly how he was looking at me and that's when i knew for sure that I was drop dead gorgeous

"Rose... wow! You look, you look so beautiful!" said Ryan looking a bit startled as he offered me his hand. I offered him a smile and took his hand. "Lola, you will let yourself our right? Or you can sleepover in the guest room if you'd like." offered Ryan as we made our way our the door. Lola came running down and said that she'll leave right after she takes a few photos of us. I was so wrapped up in everything I forgot to take one myself. As we quickly positioned ourselves for a picture Ryan reached into his suit jacket and took out a long velvet box. "Ryan..?" I started but was cut off but Ryan saying, "Rose, please. This is a beautiful and precious bracelet which I got you to complete your outfit tonight and to thank you once again for agreeing to come. I do however, believe that it's true beauty shines when you are wearing it." He said all this as he put the diamond bracelet on my wrist and pulled me close enough to him to plan a kiss on my forehead. I don't know what was happening at that moment but today has been really weird and I've been looking at Ryan the same way I did all those years ago. There is just something different about him today and I hope I am not reading too much into his friendly gestures.

I was brought back to earth by a flashing light and that's when I remembered that we have to leave 10 minutes ago already. Lola took a few more pictures and we bid her a good night and went to the awaiting limo. The ride to the limo was short and uneventful as Ryan was constantly on the phone with his assistant and other people I don't really know. We pulled up outside the hotel and there where flashing lights everywhere and people who looked like they were descendants of gods and goddesses.  Ryan turned to look at me and gave me his signature smile and pulled on a mask. "Well. too add a twist to this event, males will be wearing masks. Cool right? " I was really impressed by that little factor as people may have a hard time seeing that it's Ryan and they will not really care for who he brought today as a date. "Rose, relax. This is me, I am not going to leave our side during the gala except for when I have to like when I have to give my speech and go to the bathroom." I laughed a bit at the last part. "I know, I just can't help but be nervous." He took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze as we went into the hotel with the press taking pictures, shouting questions and getting no answers.

The venue looked absolutely breathtaking and the ambiance was that of elegance and money. They even had a live band playing.  We were already late so the meet and greet was short as he gave me a champagne glass and ushered me to where we were going to sit and told me that he will be back. I took this chance to observe the room even more and I cannot seem to get over the beauty of it all. The men obviously too the whole mask thing seriously.   Just as I was about to take my seat, I locked eyes with a very mysterious yet gorgeous man at the far end of the room wearing an all black tux and a mask that covers almost all of his face. without breaking eye contact he takes a sip of his liquor and starts to walk right in my direction. That is when the lights dimmed down and focused more on the stage. I quickly averted my eyes to the stage where a man was doing all the MCs do in occasions like these. Ryan was about to give his speech I guess.

Throughout his speech, I kept my eyes focused on him and the words he spoke

Throughout his speech, I kept my eyes focused on him and the words he spoke. His speech was moving and definitely bound to make these rich people do dig deep into their pockets. After a round of applause, Ryan came over to our table and gave me a kiss on the cheek before sitting down. I blushed a few shades of red at that notion and just when I turned to cool down, Mr Black, was looking at me with a cold and very emotionless looking face but i could tell that he was upset.  Well, that ought to remove whatever blush I had going on.

The gala went of smoothly with its food, wine, music and cheers. Ryan and his team did a fine job. A slow song came on and Ryan asked me to dance. He guided me to the dance floor and we slow danced to the song. I felt safe in his arms and he was a great leader.. "May I cut in?" My head shot up when I heard a deep, broody silky voice. Ryan looked down at me and gave me a weak smile, "Sure, just don't take too long." I gave him a pleading look and he just walked off like he didn't just sell me to the wolves.

"Shall we?" Mr Black asked. I took a deep breath and his hand as we continued with the slow dance. There was so much heat and masculinity radiating off of him that it was making me heady and if i thought Ryan was a good leader this one must have been him teacher.  Just as thought the torture was over, the band switched to a tango number and I was about to pull away when he pulled me into his body and looked at me in the eye and said, "Please,just one last dance." He had such beautiful eyes. I nodded and we moved to the tango beats s if our bodies have known each other for years, his moves were curt, sharp and sexy. I was a hot mess as his hands travelled all over my body in ways that only the tango can allow you to. By the time the song came to an end, I felt like taking this man home with me but then again, he wouldn't want to leave.

"I believe it's time for me to take my partner back." Thank God Ryan is back. "Thank you for the dance, it has been a pleasure." Mr Black gave the back of my hand  a kiss and i swear that his lips left tingles there. I just looked at him in the eyes and nodded.

The rest of the evening went really well but I couldn't seem to take my mind off Mr Black. Coming to think of it, that name really suited him.

It was now time to go home and I was going to sleep over at Ryan's as I was really tired. We got to his place and I was just about ready to sleep on the floor. "Thank you for tonight and ypu looked so beautiful." "Thanks. I am just so tired right now. May you please carry me to my room?" I begged him with my puppy dog eyes and he carried me bridal style from the door, up to my room. Ryan was a strong man so I never worry about breaking him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 

I am terribly sorry for going MIA on you guys.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

please vote and comment.

I love you all.