Chapter 2: Meet The Ryan Anderson

“Very good, Mr Peters! Is there anyone else who would like to add on to his point?” I asked the learners. About a few of them raise their hands and I pick one. “Miss Paxton, may I please oppose Mr Peters’ opinion?” Jonathan Huggins, one of the learners in my class who are very enthusiastic about learning.
“Well, Mr Huggins, as you’ve stated it’s his opinion so play nice would you. Go ahead.” I instructed.
“I do not see the logic in having the population using electronic cars which will be using electricity to charge their batteries. This will only lead to the over production of electricity thus resulting in more emissions of harmful greenhouse gasses to the atmosphere. And it also doesn’t help that these technologies that are meant to be environmentally friend are expensive and we all know that the majority of the population cannot afford those. The niche only make up a small percentage.” Almost immediately Mr Peters raised his hand to counter him when the bell signalling lunch rang.
“Unfortunately that’s all the time we have for today. We’ll resume next time. Make sure to constantly check your student portal for today’s class notes and remember the quiz scheduled for today from 3pm to 12am midnight. I’ll remind you of these announcements on your portal again. Enjoy your lunch!”

The learners eagerly made their way out and I took my purse following behind them.
After locking my class and making my way to my car, I hear someone call my name. “Rose!” I turned to find that it was one of the teachers from school, who happens to be a really good friend of mine. “Shoosh! You of all people know better than to shout my name in the hallway, Gertrude.” I put more emphasis on her name. She threw me a lethal glare and playfully, but very painful, slapped my shoulder. “Ouch! I get it. What can I do for you Mrs Wick?” I asked in a very professional manner and the bitch hit me again. “What the heck Getty? What do you want?” I jsilently cried. “Is that how you greet your favourite person in this school?” she asked with one hand on the figure. Getty is an English and History teacher with a lot of fire in her. She is 5’11 with a slim frame, brunette with dark brown eyes that always have a twinkle in them.
She’s been married to Samuel Wick who is a big one of time architects in the whole city for four years now and I’ve never seen her so cry over how inattentive and horrible Sam is. She is so happy. “Oh Getty, come here. Let’s walk side by side and we will hug by the parking lot, I’m on my way to George’s for some coffee.” I tell her as I nudge her forward and we make our way to outside the school building.

The moment we get to my car I give her a warm hug and she hugs me a little bit tighter than usual. “Is everything Ok, honey?” I ask her as I continue on hugging her. She just stays quiet and gives me one last squeeze before letting go and nodding. “Alright. But you know that you can talk to me right. About anything.” I tell her in a reassuring tone. She smiled brightly and said “Are getting that coffee or not?” I chuckled and unlocked the car and drove off to the café.

Getty and I got our coffees and came back to school. I finished off my breakfast for lunch and the day carried on as usual with no hiccups. It was the last period and the seniors are writing an economics test. The bell rings signalling that their time is up and afterschool. I take in the papers and tell them to watch out for their results on the student portal. “What a day I! I guess I’ll be grading these papers tonight.” I say to myself as I pack up my belongings. As I make my way out, I see that a lot of the female staff is lingering by the parking lot looking friendlier and overly cheerful than any of the teachers’ pets here.

“Oh well.” I sigh as I make my way to my baby once again. “Miss Paxton.” A deep and all too familiar voice said from behind me and without even turning around I said, “Mr Anderson! How may I be of assistance? Is it about the test you wrote today?” unlocking my car I put the papers in the car and turn to face one of the most beautiful man ever created. Ryan is handsome with his 6ft frame, well-built body with just enough muscles and rich dark brown hair with eyes to match. He slowly walks over to me as if stalking his prey and says, “No, ma’am. I am here about the assignment that I gave you instead.” He was dangerously close and I can feel the eyes of the other females all over my body. And that’s when it hit me. Now I get it; they are all hanging around because Ryan Anderson, millionaire and the CEO of Anderson’s Limited, who happens to be very single is here. Hahaha, I’m sure it kills them that I get to be so close to Ryan and they can’t. Yeah well I don’t care. I looked at him with confusion as I pulled my eyebrows together. He threw his hands up in frustration and seemed to be mentally calming himself down.
“What is wrong Ryan?” I asked. “You forgot didn’t you?” he asks with defeat laced in his voice. “Forgot what?” That seemed to frustrate him even more as he ran his hands through his slightly ruffled hair because of that constant action. “I asked you to be my date for the We Are One charity gala last month already.” Thank God it’s just that. “I haven’t forgotten Ryan. I am planning of going shopping tomorrow since it’s a Saturday.”

Oh my goodness, Ryan looked like he was about to faint. “The gala is tonight Rose! I came here to pick you up since we agreed that you’d get ready at my place and we’ll leave together from there since it is closer to the hotel.” Now it was my turn to look like I was about to faint. “It’s not next week? I am so sorry Ryan. I’m on my way to the mall so I might as well look for a dress and get ready.” “Rose Lynne Paxton. What’s the use of you having a phone if you don’t use it?”
“I didn’t think I’d forget it, Ryan. Otherwise I would have made a note in my calendar.”
“It’s just past 3pm now and the event starts at 8pm. We still have time so you can relax. Just a little bit because my company is hosting and you know how important this is to me.” Ryan said trying to calm me down and make me feel better.

He moved in to give me a hug. A lone tear made its way down my cheek as I hugged him. “I am such a terrible friend. I’m so sorry.” I said in between pathetic sniffs. “Hey now, Teddy. It’s going to work out. Tell you what, how about I go dress shopping with you? You know I’ve got good taste.” I could feel his smirk on top of my head and I knew that I couldn’t say no.

“I’m really sorry. Plus you know how much I hate shopping; having you there will make it much more bearable.” After giving me a final slow death squeeze, we made our way to our cars and we drove out of the school premises and made our way to the mall.