Chapter 3: Shopping

I arrived a few minutes after Ryan because Amber is no match for Bruno III. It's a 2016 black Lamborghini, loves sports cars and they are all black except for the white Porsche Cheyanne I convinced him to buy. He was leaning against the hood of the car waiting for me and I couldn't help but imagine him as a sugar cone ice-cream that I'd just love to lick all over and dip my tongue into all the delicate parts. "If you're going to be looking at me like that, you'd have to at least buy me dinner first." I heard a very amused and what seemed to look like a blushing Ryan. "You know that you wouldn't let me pay so I'll look all I want." My come back was silly but I had to cover up my embarrassment.

We walked into the mall laughing at our silliness towards this really affordable store that has cloths for people my size. I was about to enter when Ryan pulled me by my arm to the direction of one of the most expensive boutiques in the mall. "Oh no mister! Is this why you wanted to tag along? You know that I want to own items that I actually bought for myself!" I cannot believe he is doing. He looks at me with guilty eyes and he soon turns them into the cutest puppy dog eyes. I pulled my arm loose, looked away with my eyes closed and said sternly; "No, no, no, NO! I will not fall for those this time!" I was about to turn away fully when I noticed that we were already in the store. "Hello! I believe that you are looking for directions?" A woman with striking long legs and slim figure donned in a tight navy blue dress that went just above her knees. I was looking at her from the bottom and slowly moving up when she added; "Plump Clothing is two stores down on your left." Now I had to see this bitch's face! "I suggest you apologise right now before you regret ever learning how to talk!" that was the pissed off/in the office Ryan. The stare assistant, whose name is Nicole, looked at the person next to me as if she has been poured with freezing water when she realised who he was. Bitch was frozen in place and I was ready to break her right on the spot. "I, uh, I am so..." "Save it." she didn't get a chance to finish her pathetic excuse because of my interruption. She looked taken aback and then shot me a disgusted glare; like I give a shit.

To my left, Ryan looked like her was still pissed because he kept on sending Nicole to fetch and return items for the last half an hour. As entertaining as it was I was getting bored and decided to look around the store myself. The gowns were absolutely gorgeous but I couldn't seem to find one that fit for me. I carried on look and spotted a beautiful floor length spaghetti strap baby pink evening gown with a short tail and a heart shaped bosom that had what looked like a million glittering diamond-like beads which also line the hem of the dress. The dress looked like it would only support the breast area and then flow freely. It had to be the one! "You! Natalie, get her this dress in all the other colours available!" Ryan barked startling me. "I love that you take care of me but I really like this colour. And her name is Nicole by the way." I whispered making sure that only he hears it. He came to my side, bringing my hands to his chest and said "I live for this Rose. Plus, no one disrespects my Teddy and gets away with it." I swear I fell in love with him all over again right then and there. Ryan was my crush before we became friends. I loved him so much and was certain that we'd marry with kids. What did I know, I was 13 and he was 16. But as I grew older, I began to accept that we will only stay friends because he has never shown any interest in me and will forever see me as one of the guys but only shorter and fluffier. "Now, please allow me to pay for your dress and shoes for tonight because it's special in more ways than one." I looked at him with confusion;"What do you mean?" "Today's gala is the first ever business event you've agreed to come with me to and I want it to be perfect."

To say I was at a loss of words would be an understatement. I was about to answer him when Nicole came over with the dresses in blue and white. "Thank you, Nora but I love this baby pink colour better." She let out an aggravated sigh before saying "Alright. Now would that be all? And my name is Nicole." "Yes, the rest we shall see to ourselves. Thanks Nelly!" said Ryan. I was so close to bursting out with laughter. You could practically see the steam coming out of her ears as the practically stormed off from us. "I love you so much Bear!" "I love you more Teddy!"

By the time we left the shop I had my dress, which had a wrapper, nude single-strapped kitten heels that tie a bit above the ankle and a small clutch that was a shade darker than the dress. "Ok, I am going to have to ask you to do me a huge favour." "What is it?" I took a deep breath and say, "May you please go grocery shopping for me. I have a list I can send you, it's not that long. Just that I want to get my hair straightened and it looks like we don't have that much time left because it's already 4:30 and I really don't want you to be late because of me, let alone showing up with a date that looks like she didn't know that she had a gala to attend until last minute!" I said all in one breath. "Rose. Breathe!" I let go of the breath that I was holding and tried to look as desperate as possible. "I'll do your groceries for you so you can stop looking like you're starring in some bad low budget romantic movie." I playfully smacked him on his shoulder and he added, "I need to make a few runs myself and Ouch!" he pretended to look hurt as he rubbed his shoulder. I took out my phone and started to send him the list. "I'm sending you the list right now and I'll give you my debit card in just a sec. And no, you may not pay for them. I'll know if you do." I warned him with my last statement using my best threatening voice. He just held up his hands in surrender in response. With the list send and my debit card in his pocket we went our separate ways after we agreed to text each other once we're done.

"Ola, Lola!" I greeted almost too loudly to the beautiful Hispanic lady standing behind the tall counter of the salon. "Ola, mi amore!" she reciprocated as she stepped out from the counter to give me a warm hug. "I really didn't think I'd see you so soon into the month. What's the occasion, siniorita?" Always to the point, she asked as she directed me to a basin where she will wash my hair. "Well, Ryan invited me to this other charity event and I completely forgot about it." She gave me a look as if I just told her that I am harvesting human organs in my apartment. "You should be ashamed of yourself for blocking such faraway into the back of your mind. Ryan asked you out and you forgot? Unbelievable!" I was now leaning backwards into the basin as  she shampooed my hair. "He didn't ask me out, Lola. He just needed a partner for one of his events that's all. Either way, it's not like it's the first time he is asking me to tag along." "Wait, so you mean to tell me that he's been asking you out and you've been turning him down? Girl, you and I need to get your head checked because something just ain't right with it." She really does know how to blow things out of proportion. "Look, I see where this conversation is going and we've been over it for more than a few times and the answer will always be the same; we are just friends!" "Yeah, only because you don't wanna take it to the next level. Fucking chicken."

"Hey, I heard that!" 

"And that was my intention. You lucky ass people are so stupid sometimes." I was about to say something when she said, "Again, it was my intention." 

"Just work your magic. I don't want to keep his highness waiting. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the late update and weird ending. I'll probably edit it soon so don't mind the mistakes. 

Please vote and comment. 

♡♡