8 .

F R I D A Y ;   4 : 4 5   p . m .

"Here." The folder slid right towards me. I picked it up and flipped it open, finding yet another victim's profile inside.

—————

N A M E : P O N Z U M I T S U B A C H I

A G E : 2 1

D A T E O F B I R T H : M A Y , 1 0

G E N D E R : F E M A L E

B L O O D T Y P E : AB-

O C C U P A T I O N S : C O L L E G E S T U D E N T

R E L A T I V E S : N A G A S E M I T S U B A C H I (FATHER)
A S H I A M I T S U B A C H I (MOTHER)

S T A T U S : D E C E A S E D

C A U S E O F D E A T H : S H O C K

O B J E C T I V E : FIND HER KILLER!

—————

"At first, I submitted this case to another employee," she said. "But after getting more info about the victim, we knew that we had to give this case to you."

What intrigued me more was how instead of just one file, there was another paper inside. It belonged to a completely different person. Only difference was that they aren't dead.

—————

N A M E : P O K K L E S E I Y A

A G E : 2 2

D A T E O F B I R T H : M A R C H , 1 4

G E N D E R : M A L E

B L O O D T Y P E : B

O C C U P A T I O N S : C O L L E G E S T U D E N T , A R C H E R

R E L A T I V E S : J U N S E I Y A (FATHER)
N A O M I S E I Y A (MOTHER)

S T A T U S : A L I V E

O B J E C T I V E : INNOCENT OR GUILTY?!

—————

"Pokkle and Ponzu? Are they, like, a couple?"

"Yup!" She sat back on her seat, getting comfortable with herself. Her blonde hair now held up in a high drill-like ponytail as she had her glasses neatly folded next to her desk lamp.

I cringed when she confirmed it too.

She raised a finger, however. "His girlfriend died and the problem is that her parents think it's him. But from what details we gathered from him, he saw a ghost that caused her death." Another ghost murder case? Sounds like fun. I stayed quiet.

"Didn't expect another one so soon since I got the Zoldyck case right now." Admitting, I exhaled a slight sigh.

"Well, it's not like we could put it off. If we don't solve the truth of this problem now, the boy will be sent to court."

I gave a low whistle, "poor guy. Sure, I'll take it." I sat up properly on the chair. "When's the court gonna be held, Boss?" I asked.

"Next week, Friday," she only sighed, crossed her arms on the desk. She sounded so sure. That was the one thing that never changed. "Which means that you have a week and two days left to find the evidence. If this really is a ghost, then we need to get rid of them quickly."

A simple nod was all I did in order to confirm what she said. She clapped her hands together with a thankful smile.

"I really appreciate this! Thank you!"

"Sure. As long as I'm getting paid for this."

"Keep saying that and you'll end up sounding like Leorio."

"Speaking of Leorio, where is he?" I tilted my head a bit. "I didn't see him- and Kurapika. I haven't seen any of them when I came in." Confusion laced my voice while just smiled at me.

She opened her mouth and spoke, "I gave the two a task they willingly took. Kurapika looked stoic but his eyes seem like they would burn anything and Leorio never really changed. Wants the money like you." She scratched her temple, irked. The blonde simply shook it off, though.

I stared down at the files for a few more seconds before taking them. I stood up and bowed then left. Once I stood outside of the door, Killua was nowhere to be seen.

As usual, I tightened my fist around the straps of my bag before heading back to my apartment. What I found strange was that along the way, there were no people. In fact, it was like I was the last person standing. There were still a few cars, but they were just stationed beside the sidewalks.

The streets weren't as busy as they were and I could see 2 police cars positioned outside a nearby home. They're interrogating this part of the city? Ignoring the thought completely, I crossed the pedestrian lane and entered the apartment. The news broadcasting on the television set in the lounging area.

"-we have believed to report that Ponzu Mitsubachi — a college student — had been murdered and found discarded at a nearby alleyway beside the college she studied in. Her family have reasons to suspect a young man who was last seen with her before her unfortunate death. Officers are trying their hardest to solve this mysterious phenomenon as to why since no evidences or clues have yet to be-"

I toned out the television when the elevator began shutting it's doors, lifting me up to the floor I'm staying in. The elevator music didn't help me relax now knowing that the situation was made public.

I trudged out of the elevator once the doors pulled away and entered my room after speed-walking all the way there. Again, Killua wasn't found. Kuro isn't around either.

I stared at the clock hanging on the wall. 5:01, it said. Meaning that I have plenty of time. I dropped my school bag on the couch before scuttling back out again, only for a familiar spirit to suddenly appear in front of me, making me jump from my boots.

"What took you so long?" He whined, stretching the 'o' while moving his arms behind his head. Boredom shone in those dull orbs of his. I tried forcing myself out, but he seemed to like- love getting in the way. "Wait... Where're you going?" Curiosity now grew within him.

I tried getting away, but this teen is good at pushing my buttons. I swear the siren is quietly buzzing off in my head. "Somewhere. Got something important," I answered quickly before sliding pass silverette. I made a quick jog through the hall and hurried on to the elevator.

I pressed the button that'll lead me to the ground floor. "Hey!" I heard a voice yell from the distance and looked over to the hallway. They looked rushed. "Hold it open! Wai-" his reply ended when the door shut off whatever he was gonna continue. I didn't try stopping the elevator to wait for him.

I felt his cold presence reappear beside me. He was still posing the same way he was when we were in my room.

"Cold-hearted? Man, you're really weird," he bluntly stated. "Where are you going anyways?" He asked once more.

"To where my job will start."