8 - I Know You're Not

After I don't know how much hours we land. We used Chris's private plane and it was quite comfortable.

We are in the car now, Chris's driver drives through this huge gate. I look outside the window and gasp at the sight. And it's only the lawn!

When the car stops I get out of the car and the driver puts my two suit cases next to me. "Thank you."

He just nods and leaves with the expensive black Mercedes.

I turn around and, "Holy shit!" escapes my mouth involuntarily.

I hear a chuckle from next to me but I don't have the time to blush because I'm too stunned by this view.

If I thought that Sam or Shawn's house was huge, take a look at this!

It's amazing!

The house is cream in colour and there are two huge pillars staring at me from the sides. I climb up the three steps slowly since Chris had vanished.

Huge double mahogany doors are open. One at least. This is like the white house.

When I enter, I'm even more shocked. The floor is marble and cream in colour.

I walk further into the house and soon I'm in what I assume is the living room. Is the floor marble everywhere?

On the side walls of the living room are stairs that curve and meet at the top, that leads to a hallway. Under each staircase are three doors. If you walk further into the huge ass living room there's another door.

I peep through it and see a kitchen. Everything and I mean everything is black and white. And marble.

The counters, the chairs have cushions, the kettle, the food warmer, the oven, the refrigerator, the cabinets!

I move back into the living room but let out a squeal when I see Chris standing with his hands in his dress pants' pockets.

"I'm glad you like the house. Now if you want to be shown to your room, follow me." he speaks to me so formally.

I follow him anyway. We go up the grand staircase and I cant help but ask, "You own this?"

"No I stole it." sarcasm dripping his every word.

I ignore it, "Where did you stay when you were in England?"

"On the streets."

"Hahaha. I love your sarcasm." i say dryly.

"I didn't tell you to ask questions." he replies just as dryly.

I scoff at his niceness.

"This is your room and mine is right opposite. If you want or need anything, don't bother asking me for it. Everything is in or outside the house."

"Thanks." i open the huge white door but don't go in yet as I watch Chris's retreating back, "Wait," I stop him. He stops but doesn't look at me, "You're going to work tomorrow right?"

"So?"

"So what do I do all day?"

"What all the other girls do, shopping, spa, mani and pedis, whatever you girls do."

I feel deeply offended, "Well I'm not like 'all the other girls'."

He ignores me and goes down the stairs or at least I thought so because I'm sure I heard a faint, "I know you're not." coming from his mouth.

*********