28 - Full Of Yourself

We walk in the mini cafe and all eyes turn to us. Chris's hand goes around my own and I smile at the gesture.

We sit at a small round table, "So..." i start off not even knowing what to say.

"So...." he repeats and I smile.

"You never mentioned when we're getting married." i say.

"You're looking forward it?" he raises his perfect brow.

"I didn't say that. I just want to know. I mean, it's been a month and a half and there's no rush, unless of course you want to close your deal sooner." i say quickly.

He chuckles, "Actually after you sung that night, the deal is sealed and in my pocket."

"And we're still getting married?" I ask.

"It will seem suspicious if we just drop the marriage thing, but for now, let's stay engaged." he explains just as the waiter comes by.

"Welcome to The Dot. What can I get you guys?" he asks sweetly.

I order a chicken sandwich with some lemon water and Chris orders leaves and grass with water.

When our food arrives, sure enough his food looks amazing but I mean, "How can you eat on leaves?"

"With your body I'd think that you live on this." he states and starts eating.

"What are you trying to say exactly?" I ask.

"I meant to say that you have a rocking body. When I first saw you, I thought you were one of those girls who drinks water and grass. You know, the 'to be perfect you have to have a perfect body' type."

"So you judged me?" I look offended, "I'm offended."

"You should be." he says.

I gasp and throw him with a bread crumb. He laughs at me and we make small talk throughout our lunch.

Soon enough, he pays the bill and we walk out of the cafe hand in hand. We have to keep the act up.

As soon as we open the cafe doors, I'm blinded by the bright lights of cameras.

So many questions are screamed at us.

"Who is this lady?"

"What is her name?"

"Is she your latest sex toy?"

"We see a ring on her finger, did you give her that?"

I bury my head in Chris's chest. Then they stop screaming and I lift my head.

I breath out a sigh of relief and clutch onto Chris's arm.

Then he speaks, "Yes I am marrying her. She's my fiance and I do love her. She's not like the other girls. I expect you to not harass her. Thank you."

Then we walk away. I'm in daze because of the words he said.

"You think they'll harass me?" I ask softly.

"When you're engaged to California's hot shot, obviously they're going to follow you around." he opens the car door for me and I get in.

When he gets in I ask, "So what makes you think that they'll leave me alone?"

"When you're as powerful as myself, you know when to back off." he smirks.

"You're so full of yourself." i mutter.

He just chuckles lowly.

***

When I get home that night, I'm half asleep, literally

My eyes are half closed as I walk into the living room like a zombie. I'll just take a short nap and then go shower and sleep.

I collapse onto a the couch but moan in pain, when instead I land on a hard surface.

I stand up slowly but the person doesn't allow me to because their hands go on my waist, "Ow." I moan.

"Nobody told you to land on me." a deep, husky voice whispers.

"I'm sorry. I'm tired. Let me go please." i whisper already half falling asleep.

"No." i have the sudden urge to slap the smirk off his face but at the same time it's so comfy to sleep in his arms.

"Why?" I ask softly.

"I'll let you go if you agree to move back into the bedroom. Our bedroom."

"OK..." i mumble quietly and the last thing that I hear his his chuckle before I fall asleep on his chest.

So comfy.....

*********