18 - Yup, Rejected

I am so excited and proud of myself. My first video has been released and we had way over a million views.

Blair said that two new television shows bought us. A show where they play music videos called Base 3 and another show from South Africa. Amazing.

I hope Sam saw it. And some part of me hopes that Chris saw it too.

I am happily humming as I make my way home. I park my car and take my leather jacket and phone as I skip happily inside.

When I enter I am very surprised to see Chris resting his butt on the back of the couch, "Congratulations on your music video."

My smile widens, "You saw it?" my heart flutters and a tornado erupts in my stomach.

"Yup. My employees love you. I'm jealous. It was amazing." he gulps down the rest of his whisky and I really can't contain my excitement.

"I know!" I literally scream as I run to him. What am I doing? It's too late to stop because I already jumped and he caught me by my waist.

I laugh and laugh as he spins me around. So mature. He stops and drops me but doesn't remove his hands from my waist. My hands stay around his neck too.

My smile doesn't wipe as I stare in his eyes. I can now see that his eyes aren't only grey and blue. There are specks of green and Hazel too. Who has four coloured eyes? It's beautiful.

I clear my throat and remove my hands, blushing furiously from the closeness we had. But it felt so good.

I turn around in the opposite direction and hear him walk away. Maybe I should ask him to dinner?

No. Walk away. Don't open your mouth. No. What are you doing!?

My brain keeps screaming at me but my body has a mind of its own.

"Hey," I say softly and he turns toward me, "I was planning on making some dinner for myself.... Maybe you're hungry?"

He looks as if he's pondering over it. And my heart is pleading that he says yes. "Sure." a smile breaks out on my face.

"Well, I'm going to get changed and then get cooking. Literally." i take my jacket and phone then walk up the stairs.

I take a 3 minute shower and yes, that is possible and throw on one of Chris's t-shirts. This one stops a few centimeters above my knees. I skip down the stairs in blue and purple polka  dot socks and into the kitchen.

Chris is already there, I can smell that he just showered, and his dark hair also kind of wet.

I wash my hands then take out the ingredients.

"I knew there were shirts missing but I thought I counted wrong." his deep voice says from behind me.

I roll my eyes at him even though I know he can't see me, "If you're going to marry me, you're going to have to deal with me stealing your over sized t-shirts. Besides, they're comfy."

"You know, I could just by you your own..." he trails off.

I shake my head at him, "There is no need for that. Your shirts smell so good too." i admit.

"Now you're creeping me out. You don't sniff me secretly, do you?"

I laugh and throw a macaroni at him. He catches it skillfully and I raise a brow. He just shrugs.

"So Mr Quay... Tell me..." i start off.

"I'm listening." he urges me to speak.

"Why do you need a wife for this business deal you told me about?"