21 - Cherries And Lies

The car ride home is silent. I am ignoring Chris right now and I don't even know why. Am I jealous? Because he openly flirted with that blonde?

No.

As soon as the driver pulls in to the estate I hop out of the car and speed walk inside. I am so close to the stairs when he stops me, "Anja, what is going on? Why are you ignoring me?"

I play dumb, "Ignoring you? I'm not ignoring, I'm simply not in the mood to talk. Especially not to you."

I poke his chest then go up the stairs.

"OK, another question... What the hell was that back there?"

I turn around and stare down at him since he is at the bottom of the marble staircase, "What? Back where?"

"The dancing and singing part. He had his lips on your body."

I smile a bit, "The dancing and singing part is what got you your stupid deal," I walk down the stairs and stand on the second last step, "And he wasn't kissing me, his lips were just hovering over my collar bone. Do you have a problem with that?"

His eyebrows raises slightly, "Of course I do! He was busy getting cosy with my fiance."

I give him a side glance as I turn and slowly make my way up the stairs again, "I'd think you wouldn't care since you busy getting cosy with the blond."

He stutters for a while, "That's what I thought." is all I say.

When he chuckles I stop walking, "I see what this is about." i turn to see him nodding his head, "You're jealous."

His accusations are so accurate and right, "Jealous!? Of what!? You and your floozy? Yeah, thank you but no thank you. I have nothing to be jealous about."

"Then why are you acting all ignorant and thick-headed?" he smirks up at me.

I run down the stairs and put my hands on his chest, "You calling me a donkey is just rude, have you not thought about it....what do I have to he jealous about? We have nothing. This," I gesture my finger between us, "is a lie. To get you your deal. I'm not jealous, just....upset."

Then I go back up the stairs, I hear him behind me but I don't bother turning around.

"Oh no, you're jealous. I know jealous when I see jealous." he pushes.

"Then you should look at yourself first." i poke his chest, "You're jealous because another man 'had his lips on me'."

"I'm not jealous, I just care about the message it'll send out. For example, this guy as in myself, is marrying a lose girl."

I gasp, "Then I was worried about the message you and your floozy would've sent out and FYI Mr,I'm not a loose girl. I'll have you know that I'm still very much a virgin!" my eyes widen what I said but it's too late. My hands automatically wrap around my mouth. I'm so not a virgin.

I turn around in the direction of the room, I mentally scold myself for letting my mouth run loose.

"Your cherry wasn't popped yet?" I hear him whisper.

"No. Do you have problem with that?" Lies. Lies. Lies. But I hate talking about it.

"Of course not." he backs up.

"Good. I'll be sleeping in the bathtub. Thank you very much." then I stalk sway from Him.

"The bathtub?" I hear him laugh and I'm pretty sure I heard him mutter, "This girl makes me crazy."

A smile lights up on my face. I am crazy.

***********