25 - Exaggerations And Abuse

Chris leads me to two double glass doors that the security guards open.

"Tell me... Why did you say no when I asked if I can drive your car?" I ask him as we walk towards another door, hand in hand.

"Because that car is better driven by a man." he says as if its the most simple thing in the world.

I gasp and this is not over dramatically,"You sexist ass!" I say a little bit too loudly because when we walk through the doors, all eyes turn to us.

Or maybe it's because of our hands.

People greet Chris as we walk past. He just nods in reply.

"That is not me being sexist."

"it so is." i defend my accusation, "I'll have you know that I can drive very well."

"Oh yeah? Well I'm no going to challenge you because last time you did that, you lost." he smirks.

"I did not lose, you cheated." and he did because he kissed me.

"I didn't cheat, I was just proving that you don't hate me."

"You could've done it after I beat your ass." I pout and fold my arms which means that our hands unlocked.

He chuckles and I swear I heard someone fall. He pokes my cheek, "Is someone upset that they lost a challenge?"

I slap his hand away as we wait for the elevator, "You're an ass,do you know that?"

He just smiles secretly and then turns to the people behind us, whose Jaws are also on the ground, "Grace, tell Candice to come up." Chris says but its different than when he spoke to me. Its more cold. Scarier.

"S-she's not h-here yet, s-sir." Grace stutters.

"Where the hell is she then?" he roars and everyone goes back to their work. If he's like this everyday, I wouldn't want to work for him.

"She c-called and said t-that I-it's got s-s-domething to d-do with her daughter, sir."

Chris turns back around and rubs his forehead. The elevator opens and he puts his hand on my lower back, leading me inside.

I decide to rather keep my mouth shut.

****

About fifteen minutes later, Chris downed three espressos and is stressing.

" Hey maybe I can help." i pipe up.

"How?" Chris leans back in his chair.

"I understand that Candice is your PA. I did business as an extra in university so I know a thing or two about thus stuff."

"Yeah, but you don't know anything about this business." he sets it straight.

"Do you want my help or not? Come on."

After a while he gives me a whole stack of paperwork to arrange in its separate folders.

I answer his calls, set meetings for him and do all the paperwork in his personal assistant's office. An hour later and I'm done with everything.

I step out of the office with the paperwork, ready to talk but I hear a soft voice speak hurriedly, "Sorry I'm late sir. I was trying to get ready in time since I don't have a car I have to take a cab to work but I have to drop my baby off too and I didn't have enough time to drop her else I'd be even more late for work. And my husband was at home too. I'm sorry sir."she looks down shamefully and I see something on her cheekbone.

I squint my eyes but my eye snap to Chris when he answers," I don't pay you to be sorry Candice! I pay you to be punctual and to work! I need the Russians files and there's plenty of paper work that needs to be done. All of it by today." he shouts furiously and even I flinch. The little girl holding Candice's hand looks highly confused as she tugs on what I'm assuming is her mother's skirt." Yes sir. "Candice moves to the office door not noticing me.